Turn Powerbutton to act shutdown

Nepali

As for me.. i have many time confuse and click powerbutton on vista start menu resulting VISTA to go on sleep mode.

so here is the reg tweak to act power button to shutdown

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power\PowerSettings\A7066653-8D6C-40A8-910E-A1F54B84C7E5]

"ACSettingIndex"=dword:00000002

"DCSettingIndex"=dword:00000002

Change the value as per ur setting

(0 = Sleep, 1 = Hibernate, 2 = Shutdown)

You don't need to hack the registry, a setting is in the Power Options control panel.

so that you can collect your favourite flexible windows settings registry and save them to a single reg file

Incase of reinstallation and distribution of your OS u can simply merge the REG file you created collecting registry entries and the best thing all you setting are set back intact without manually editing one by one.

ISN'T this great....

thats why i prefer registry entries.... :cheers

Edited by Nepali

You don't need to hack the registry, a setting is in the Power Options control panel.

so that you can collect your favourite flexible windows settings registry and save them to a single reg file

Incase of reinstallation and distribution of your OS u can simply merge the REG file you created collecting registry entries and the best thing all you setting are set back intact without manually editing one by one.

ISN'T this great....

thats why i prefer registry entries.... :cheers

Yeah, true, true ;)

Proves especially useful after a reformat...