Use Gateway Recovery CD to make Vista regular install cd?

focuzed

I recently purchased a Gateway laptop AMD Turion X2. I have a recovery partition on drive D: and it say's

"Protected by PC Angel

Recovery Partition

Warning!

This area of your hard disk (or partition) contains files used for system recovery.

.....blah blah blah"

Well I have a few questions all relating to the same thing and I've been reading the forums and I couldn't find an answer. I have a Gateway Operating System Disc. Now I dont have a test system to try this on, but I want to know if the DVD will install the way i got the system (w/ some bloatware) or do a clean install. Or do I simply need to vlite the image and then that problem is gone? Also if i can vLite the image, do I need to integrate drivers if im using the image from the "gateway" operating system disc or download them from the internet or vLite automatically do that since I'm using the image of the gateway disc? I searched on the forums and googled and couldn't find my answer.

My post may sound confusing but vista is a lot to understand, its a big jump from having a compaq intel celeron 800 mhz desktop with me preinstalled, then a few years ago i redid the system a few times with a winxp corp cd slipstreamed with sp2.

I would like to know the same answer as you...

I have a toshiba notebook here and would like to optimize my version of vista.

But when I try to "open" the installation with vLite I get the error that "there is no operation system in this directory...."

What am I missing here?

I would say..give it a try..as long as Vlite can read the files from dvd its no problem..drivers are included in Windows vista if you dont remove them in V-lite..but only by trying your idea , you will get the right aswers!

Aint much you can break lol..

I found an hpdisk with windows xp on it .THis cd is the rescue cd or how ever its called ..and has all drivers for that particular pc onboard..i,m gonna see if i can rip the right files from that cd ..

so if its on your partition..you must look if v-lite can read those files and if they are all compleet..about drivers..those you can download yourself when all went good from the net..drivers will only install when the drivers are allready known in Vista..by the way ..you can try to let vista look for an driver itselfs on the net and you might be suprised to see that some hardware is not supported on the dvd of vista ..but when it check online it might find a driver that is suitable.Its worted to give it a try..that's how i got the sounddrivers of my satellite pro running V-lite composed Vista ultimate version 6xxx

Billy ..you are selecting a partition on your hd..that can only be read bij an so called procedure..at booting you can select to reinstall the software again etc and your old windows will be put somewhere on your disk and the setup will install(mostly faster then normal) your windows again!

Its also not allought to do that by the way cause the system is soled that way and i think you have a so called oem version??

Update me with some more specific information !

Edited by studio48

I think you are right.

Yes, I do have oem version, it is from my laptop and then i go and "recover" it the image extracts already installed windows, so I guess I cannot do much with it :(