[Relesase] Vistaluna Basic Theme AddOn

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...

cool, link works now thanks :hello:

...I can't seem to get it to work though. The theme shows up, if I select it the window shows the aurora wallpaper but the window shows as a very thin border with no buttons. If I try to apply it, it changes to windows classic windows. The "visual style" showing up under appearance is blank, as is the color scheme. Dang!

Hopefully it will show up under my new install when applied with nLite...

Edited by jamestaupe

already patched dude :) didn't work...

Stumbled across a complete Vista package called the "Vista Transformation Pack" compiled by a chap called Mr Windows X...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...tion-Pack.shtml

Includes everything in one 30Mb download. All the icons - system tray, navigation, the works, cursors, Lclock, Start menu, start button (you have to set it to "always on top" for it to look right), themes, styles, colours, sounds, explorer appearance changes and extra vista-style buttons, logon and startup screen, the works. Also includes a system tray app called "Styler" that is like the "appearance" tab on steroids. It lets you:

- set the theme for you,

- change fonts and font sizes

- includes sliders for changing window colour, hue, brightness, saturation and RGB levels

- hide the menu bar in IE and/or explorer

- set the wallpaper and adjust colour settings (brightness, hue, saturation, RGB sliders) for the wallpaper

- add and adjus window drop shadows

- window snapping to sides of the screen

- button detection sizes

- sliders for icon spacing and sizing and cleartype contrast that update realtime

...and a bunch more... it's like a whole new GUI without having to deal with Vista DRM using extra hundreds of Mb of RAM and millions of CPU cycles! ;)

Installer also has lots of options that let you choose what you want to change which is nice.

Can someone possibly turn this into an addon?? :wub:

Edited by jamestaupe

Its alredy a AddOn, just select Patch Setup files and it will make your XP CD Files... Windows X is a Former AddOn maker from RyanVM.net

Here are instructions on how to use it with nLite correctly http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4086

cool! Thanks for the link. :hello:

Yeah I noticed the "install to setup files" option when I ran the installer on my home machine. Looks great without having to install Vista and put up with memory/CPU gobbling rubbish! Or bizarre component naming scheme! :thumbup

I do wonder if MS is going to come down on him like a ton of bricks for copyright infringement at some point though...