ISO size

Hi

Following the MSFN Unattended guide, I prepared an unattended Windows XP SP2 installation, with all the critical updates + .NET 2.0 + IE 7 + WMP 11 + Symantec Client Security.

I used nLite to integrate the updates and I'm installing the antivirus and the .NET by RunOnceEx.cmd, and I used WinISO to create the ISO

The problem is --> the final ISO is 883Mb size :blink:

Is there a way to reduce this size?

I tried using CDImage, but it got even bigger!

As dread said, you could easily remove some components using nLite (if you haven't already)...

There are 870MB/99min and 900MB/100min CD-R:s, but getting a DVD burner might be a good idea since you may want to add some more to your disc (Office & drivers?).

Well, I started all over again, but with fewer components now, and finally I could make it

My CD now has:

- Windows XP SP2

- .NET 2.0

- Symantec Client Security

- WMP11

- Critical Updates only, not all the updates, as before (my first post is not correct :P)

I used nLite again to integrate the updates and WinISO to make the ISO, which now is 725Mb

I'll try to overburn it, I think it's possible. If not, I'll just remove WMP11, which will turn the ISO to 694Mb

I have to use normal CD-Rs due to hardware limitations here ;)

Thanks all for the help!

Why don't you just remove even more by using nLite?

Many people can fit Office in there and still have a nice and fully functional Windows installation including all updates.

How big is the Symantec prog, you could probably put all the updates and more in there if you were to remove it?