Grey Theme bug

taltamir

The original problems were fixed by v1.3 final.

Except for the grey theme...

To replicate the grey theme problem:

Make an unattended install (on winXP64), on the unattended menu, go to tab labeled "Desktop Themes". For default theme choose "windows XP" and then you can also select font size and color scheme for it. I tried to change the default color scheme from blue to grey (actually silver, looks really awesome), but it ignores that change.

I included a picture at my post about the issue at the bottom of the page

How do I properly set up users in automated install?

I simply can't do it... ever since v1.3 I haven't been able to make a proper user setup with the autoinstall...

(well, before I used to tell it to autologin the default administrator... now I am trying to make a second user who is a user... since it now says you cant autologin if there is no second user... or some such...)

Firstly, no matter what I do, on first boot windows brings up that stupid finilizing screen asking me to enter the usernames... and f***s everything up... I need to get rid of that somehow...

I tried making a user named user, who is a limited user without a password... and a leave the default administrator user with a password... that ended up with the new welcome screen showing up every time asking me if I want to log in as Admin (the name I supplied for the administrator account), or as user... I deleted user and removed the admin password, now it logs in as admin (which btw, is called Administrator in documents and settings, not admin...)

And for some reason most of the settings I made didn't hold... for example I told it to use the grey windows theme, it used the default blew color winXP theme...

And little things like that... This should probably be considered a bug...

Edited by taltamir

Yup, this is my problem toooo. but only after i use new version nlite 1.3 rc2

I think this is the most important think to fix for nuhi before he do something else.

Yooo....... Nuhi please be quick go fix this bug.

We like your nlite much but what good it does when the auto log on is not simple to be ?

Too bad

Edited by e21k

Added the option to skip the OOBE in the next one, your autologon issues should be solved.

taltamir, what do you say about the grey windows theme, how can I replicate that issue?

Hey,

Do i still have to put a password for my second admin acc for the autologon to work properly even the first administrator with pswd is active ? Hope not.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Added the option to skip the OOBE in the next one, your autologon issues should be solved.

taltamir, what do you say about the grey windows theme, how can I replicate that issue?

Thanks a bunch, the OOBE skipping helps alot.

But contrary to what I expected it did NOT solve the grey theme issue.

As for replicating it. Make an unattended install (on winXP64), on the unattended menu, go to tab labeled "Desktop Themes". For default theme choose "windows XP" and then you can also select font size and color scheme for it. I tried to change the default color scheme from blue to grey (actually silver, looks really awesome), but it ignores that change.

post-38712-1174026917_thumb.jpg