Vista lite is up and running- V-Lite shuts Vista Up !

studio48

:thumbup Anoying applyment message out of the system thanks to V_LITE

Members..after trying the xp version i also downloaded v-lite to make my version of windows vista ..ofcourse with the greatfull help of V-LITE !

By the way forgive me my spellfaults..i,m dutch !!

After scanning the source files i started to enable and disable things i tought could be disabled and came up to an iso of 777mb..i dunno how i did that

..anyway curious as i was with the iso dvd...

(the 777mb did not fit on my cdr's of 700mb..so i choosed in nero to make an dvd iso instead..such a waise of the rest of the space..but who cares..its for the good of the test ..and my goal is to disable allot of stuff in the windows vista !

I started to back up my files i use an Compaq Evo 2500mhz p4 (old model) with 20gigs of harddrive so the original vista on it took like 13000 mb(13gig) ..so after 2 dvd's my files were backed up!!!)

...i booted with the V-lite composed DVD not knowing what i would get.

Everything went real fast..installation of the original disk took like 1 hour or longer ..this one was done in 20 minutes i was very suprised!!!

The skin i used is the simpel windows skin..so it doesnt look to fancy.but i coloured it my way so to me it looks wonderfull anyway its. my choice..i know what i choosed for..a fast windows with no bull..stuff and things i dont want ..like side bars etc

All hardware was detected..something windwos xp could never done without the original compaq drivers..so i got an complete working system after the install!!

For my big suprise the anoying applyment rule of vista was gone..i could remove folders from programfiles do what i want without the anoying windwos vista question: are you sure..bla i hated that the first day i saw it !!..but for the dummies its oke..so they cant mess up the system ..so good for them ..but not for me and most of you wizards up here !!

Al in all i had a Vista that looks like any older version windows we know since win95 ...but under the hood it runs the latest windows vista ultimate and i must admid ..i really luve it and my thanks goes out to the makers..donate these guys cause they make the difference with these new uportunities (sorry for my spellfaults i could have typed in dutch aswel :P

Anyway members i was so speedy to perform a clean install with my version of Vista that i forgot to back up my saved files from V-lite the composing etc so i cant tell you what i did or did not disable..i will have to make a new one ..i,m not sure if its possible to scan the iso file to see what i did or did not put inside , i hope that one of the members can aswe that question , cause shutting up vista really makes a fun system to work with !

I know i was lucky to get out the anoying part of Vista but i think i can do it once more.. :(

I also did not read forums or so ..

i just started after the download of Vlite .

Programs i did not instal for me to remember are media center windows vista skin..speech games-narator and many more that icant remember..programs i did install are mediaplayer11 explorer 7 systemtools wordpad calculator etc thats it the whole installation is about 3000mb (3gig) when ready and that is a great thing for my 20gigs harddrive..aint it?

First thing after that i installed bitfender pro 10 internet security before doing anything else on the net so i could see whitch pats of the windows would want to enter the internet so i could block them !!!!

Great virusscanner firewall by the way . www.bitdefender.com

I deleted the msn shortcut vista made and installed msn7.5 insted of windows live messenger..in som,e way i dont like that messenger ..just look how many times it begs bitdefender to go online to do nuthing...those parts are blocked..it may only connect to ms server thats all..the rest of msn is blocked..during the install it wants to start up with windows aswel..also that part is blocked !!

This setup with bitdefender as guard works perfect and not to manchen how fast my system runs with its 745mbram

Thats my story for now..if you guys have any questions i will try to aswer them..shooot !

Cheers Puck

post-129091-1172773502_thumb.jpg

Edited by studio48

You can try it..wont hurt..i think Vista support any videocard if you dont use the media center part and disable it in your new composing of Windows Vista..although i would advise and unused Harddisk with a capacity of 10gig then try to compose a v-lite version that is like 800mb in iso format..that will give you a setup and running of 3gig harddisk space so you will have 7 gig left to play with..keep your Winxp disk incase you dont get things to work..lmao