Display adapters needed for 1024x768

kelaniz

Anyone know which nLite setting keeps the generic VGA driver that's needed to autoset your display to 1024x768 on first boot? I've seen mention in the forum that these generic drivers are what allow this, but no mention as to what specific driver allows it. In nLite. I see 2 entries relating to video drivers, but I can't figure out which one affects this, or if it's something different altogether. Those 2 entries are:

Display Adapters

Display Adapters (old)

I've tried leaving both in the build, removing both, and leaving one or the other, but I always get 800x600. Either way, I can always go immediately into the display settings and set it manually to 1024x768 (and preferably 1152x864), but that step pretty much stops me from having WPI autoload and do an unattended install, as I have to set the resolution first, then run WPI.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

-KZ

kelaniz, I have the similar issue.

Probably because windows installs the drivers for your card after windows installation.

I would also like to know this and a bit more.

I need to know how to set my screen resolution to 1600x1200 72Hz

1600x1200 I know, but custom frequency I don't, isn't possible in windows for me.

Can only choose 50, 60, 70

The graphic card does not find the monitor, it shows as standard.

Now I am usin PowerStrip, but is this possible to set manually?

Edited by hulkviper

• 3 weeks later...

I've been testing this in VMWare, so I'm pretty sure no additional video drivers are being loaded. I even ried using the 12noon reschange.exe tool that (I think) comes with WPI. However, it doesn't work, even with the -force setting.. (says refresh rate not supported)

I just had another box break, so I'm gonna test the DVD for real, and see if reschange works on real hardware. I'm thinking It *should*

• 2 weeks later...