OEM Vista Recovery DVDs

prx984

Is there anyway to do this with a set of recovery DVD's from an OEM?

I'm referring to the post over here --> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258

I'd like to basically make a pre-activated install DVD like the retail, but using my own CD-key and stuff.

If it's not possible, just say so and I'll be happy :P

Thanks in advance

Darn, I'd really like to make my own install DVD because of all the stuff they integrate into the installation. It really does irritate me (and I'm sure others) when a stock boot of Windows takes 10 minutes on a brand new computer.

It might be possible if you knew what you were asking. If you have a brand name PC which preactivates with the recovery disks then you can make a clean install CD from what the recovery disks install. You won't be using your own key. You'll use the same key as is used on the recovery disks. You can make your own custom recovery disks after the system is preactivated and set up the way you want.

If you have a home built PC then you are on your own.

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with a Vista DVD recovery set, its preactivated when installed.

Is there a way I can use the discs to make a pre-activated install for my laptop rather than using these DVDs?

It's Vista Home Basic.