Display not sharp after nlite slipstreaming

eddie11013

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I slipstreamed windows xp pro + sp2 + current windows updates + 7 add on's (Ccleaner, Deep Burner, IMG Burn, Spybot, Spyware Blaster and Tiny Spell) using latest nlite program. I used a virtual box and all seemed well. I burned the ISO with IMG Burn. Formatted with this 'new' cd. Everything went great. No problems, except display doesn't look sharp. I didn't have any 'monitor' problems before I slipstreamed so I can't believe its the monitor. Don't really want to 'reformat' again, don't it the old way with separate installs of everything.

Any idea's or suggestions,

Thanks,

Eddie

Thanks for your help.

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I should have been. The problem really showed itself at first 'welcome' screen after I slipstreamed. The 'display' was as if I was in 'safe mode', without the 'safe mode' at the four corners of the screen. After I installed the video driver, the 'display' was normal. I then proceeded to install the rest of my "drivers", and went on with the rest of the reinstallation. It didn't take long before I noticed that the display on everything wasn't as sharp as I was used too. A little fuzzy. And since I don't exactly know what 'clear' is, I did a Google search on 'clear', no I don't have it set. I have a regular 17" crt monitor. Just a note, when I have done a reformat before, with just using my windows xp pro cd, the display was normal from the very beginning, even before I installed the video driver. Hmmm. Could there be an issue with slipstreaming some of the windows updates. I have done a slipstream with sp2 before, using an 'other' method, and everything turned out ok. And yes I used a windows xp pro cd & sp2 cd along with my windows updates to do a new slipstream with nlite.

Thanks again for any suggestions you can provide.

Eddie

fuziness can be caused by using a refresh rate that the monitor doesn't do particulary well. Dry dropping refresh to 60Hz it should look crisp again. Try increasing it until it's as fast as you can handle the fuziness for. 60Hz is horribly flickery (so much it gives me headaches) but 70Hz+ is much better from that aspect.

Thanks for everyones input.

I could not stand the fuzziness so I reformatted back the "old" way, one 'cd' at a time. The display now looks normal to me. The crt was purchased Nov 2003 and the refresh rate is at its default setting of 85Hz. Was the nlite slipstream an issue? I don't know. However, as previously mentioned, with the nlite slipstream, on initial boot, the display "welcome" screen 'appeared' as if in 'safe mode' until I installed the video driver. With the 'regular' reformat, the initial "welcome" screen 'appeared' normal.

The computer is working fine and I'm happy. Was just looking for a little better way, but for me, for whatever reason, the nlite slipstream just didn't work out.

Thanks again,

Eddie

with the nlite slipstream, on initial boot, the display "welcome" screen 'appeared' as if in 'safe mode' until I installed the video driver.

This is just an issue of drivers usage before and during installation, it should have nothing to do with the way your monitor and VGA board are handled after XP is installed and you've added your drivers.

for so many months, i faced a problem when i install nlited xp in gigabyte 845 series motherboard machines. the display drivers, directx would never work and after installing xp, i would install the original display driver and i can able to select required resolution etc. but the refresh rate extremely bugs me even if i select any mode. for example, if i type something in notepad, each letter would take its own time to get displayed. i was wondering if its the problem with motherboard brand or the original drivers or the driverpack. so i eliminated all these stuffs and even then this problem persisted for al these months. i even had a continuous postings in the driverpack forums but no luck. just yesterday, i suddenly thought of doing a vanilla xp-unattended and fully patched. so i did all procedures manually and didnt use nlite. now i saw the display problem never popped up. i dont know whether nlite is having any part in this regard but the problem which was there for almost 1.5+ years vanished when i did all the procedures manually. till day before yesterday, i was using nlite just to integrate hotfixes and patch for tcp, unsigned themes and wfp.

i get this problem only with gigabyte 845 series mobos and have tested, experienced in 30+ such mobos in variety of locations.

Edited by rajesh.kumar

for me, even with drivers, the same thing happens.

On my crt & LCD, & with vLite as well as nLite.

A quick look thru Appearance, Effects tab hasnt changed it much yet.

Still checking to see if any registry key gets set (or prevented from being set) during lite install.

now as the next step, i added vista transformed files like shell32, explorer.exe etc etc and installed.(i didnt use nlite though) and saw the same old problem in gigabyte machines. now i see that even if im not using nlite, the problem comes up.

another test i made is to integrate driverpacks. what happens is, during the first gui login, it shows the login window (msgina.dll)and says its loggin in and stays there for long and suddenly gives a small 'ok' dialog with no text even in titlebar or body except a question mark. i press 'ok' and it logs out and again logs in and same thing happens.

i can never login successfully. this situation already seen with various gigabyte 845 machines.