intel cs110 webcam

Jay_Stealth

i just got an intel cs110 webcam that came with a load of software for 98 most of wich was no use an i couldnt istall.i managed to install some though by running it as win98.then i went tro intel i downloaded the cs110-xp drivers which are now installed.the camera uses microsoft wdm image capture (win 32}.now the problem is when i first boot my pc up an i click on the camera in my computer it will work for a few seconds and then freeze.after that it will lock up an an error will occur in my computer.an the cam will not initialise until i reboot again.also if i use the cam in netmeeting it doesnt start.or is i use it in msn it lasts a few seconds,freezes and cuts out.soo im begging some one to sort me out pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

..ta jay

:blueteam

ok everybody i have spoken to reckons its a driver problem.i am in the middle of getting the driver but the path was wrong its ftp://ftp.kaktus.ahoj.pl/kaktus/kamery/in...-2000driver.exe .and as for the compatability thing you can run the cam as 98 it just runs.ill try the drivers and see what happens from there thanks for the link tho m8 :):WTF?:

now i haven tried the win2k driver the cam can not initialise under using it so it isnt any use.

ps can i just ask why you have a gforce 2 mx as ur avatar lol!

that is why I choose Geforce 2 MX

you might try a different software that is compatible with your camera, i'd suggest a search on altavista.com, or mamma.com or jeeves.com. One of those search engines will turn up a software that is compatible with your camera. If not, write the companies tech support line and see if they have an updated driver/software that is compatible with XP.

Or you could just dual boot, and anytime you want to you use your camera, you'd have to boot into your old OS. But let me keep working on this one and see what I can come up with,

Big Booger

• 4 months later...

Jay do you have driver version 5.1.2600.I have the same camera and got the drivers from some where out there.I remember that intel will send you the create and share software that goes with the xp drivers for a few bucks. My camera works good no problems.I had more problems running the cam on win 98se.................zipp

Jay,try to run your camera with windows movie maker.If it still freezes try uninstalling the movie maker and the reinstalling it...................worth a try?......................zipp