Symantec norton antivirus 2007 & Internet Security 2007

hyksos

Hi,

I tried to apply what's in this forum about NAV 2006 to NAV 2007 it seems there are some differences. But I am just looking to get the application install unattended(skip setup). I would be glad to report additional things like how to get the activation done silently and how to get the live update not to show up but I'm limited when I test since I don't the own the software. I'm not able to silently activated it since I can't activate it at all.

So i'm sharing what I have discovered so far in the hope that much of the information about NAV 2006 activation will still be useful. I'll have to let that testing so someone who can do further testing.

Information from symantec is not recent on this topic, it's why I do trial and error and will gladly appreciate your help.

The navsetup.exe (2007) that I had on cd gave fatal error when started with /qn and the setup refuses to run on the machine thereafter. Did that on 2 different winxp.

I decided to work with the latest packages: http://liveupdate.symantec.com/upgrade/

if you are redirected to http://liveupdate-aka.symantec.com/upgrade/ remove -aka and type enter.

first one will show up but not the second.

I used the latest NAV and did one try with NIS. ( i renamed the exe)

nav.exe ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=0 RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /noreboot /qn

nav.exe /noreboot /qn ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=2 RUNLIVEUPDATE=2

nav.exe ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=2 RUNLIVEUPDATE=2 /noreboot /qn

nav.exe /noreboot /qn

nav.exe /O /qn

nav.exe /qn

nis.exe /qn

Outcome:(I got the same outcome each time, meaning that only /qn actually do something, so far it's what I think)

-Installs successfully and silently (NAV and NIS)

-No reboot after install (NAV and NIS)

-activation window pop up (selected trial and norton account skipped(you have to click two times before you can skip))(NAV and NIS)

-liveupdate pop up after activation is skipped and closed(NAV and NIS)

-program starts a scan (i cancelled it)(for NIS: no scan window, skip to next outcome)

-The program window pop up(NAV and NIS)

That's it and it's enough, now how to get all this not to show up?

I will continue to research it, if you succeeded in installing NAV 2007 silently I would love to hear from you, what did you use?

Hyksos

Edited by hyksos