[Suggestion]

strotee76

This is something I would greatly appreciate seeing in the next version of nLite. I see the option for renaming the Recycle Bin and deleting files directly, but not for removing the option for the "Display delete confirmation dialog". This is a setting I change upon a new installation of Windows, so having it in nLite would be heavenly. All that's required is editing the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,37,88,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,

Keep up the good work nuhi. :thumbup

It wouldn't hurt if it was added, but it might be a bit dangerous if you accidentally hit the delete key (there are undelete-progs, but they don't work 100% every time).

May I ask the following feature:

The first thing I do after an installation within Windows Explorer is to set the view for the files as "list" for all folders - couldn´t find this twek in nlite, yet

excuse my ignorance but is this key for removing the confirmation dialogue when you:

- chuck somthing in the recycle bin (press/click delete)

or

- permanently delete something (press shift and press/click delete)?

the former would be a great idea, the latter would not.

I find it annoying that Windows asks if I'm sure I want to move something to the recycle bin, it's easy to get it back if I didn't mean to. You don't even have to go to the recycle bin to find it again, you can just hit ctrl-z and it will undo the delete operation.

However, removing the confirmation dialogue on permanently deleting something would be unwise I think...

• 5 weeks later...

I do have that habit (not a nervous one, though), and in the last 10 years, I've only lost ~5 files I wanted back. If you have the RBin disabled completely (where files bypass it and are deleted directly), this tweak's potentially dangerous. But then again, turning on a computer can be dangerous. Otherwise, this simply gets rid of a huge windows annoyance. :)

I'd like to see it added.

KZ

Edited by kelaniz