Which drivers can I remove?

Dobby

In vLite it says that 'some manufacturers use parts from the bundled drivers'. How can I find out which ones or do I just have to experiment?

I have nvidia graphics, netgear wifi and asus onboard sound. So I'd like to remove display, ethernet and sound controllers drivers with vLite. Anyone know before I waste several DVD's?

Cheers.

Edited by Dobby

ah cool. Shame I need the printer drivers as they're huge. But at least I don't get a load of HP branded bloatware that comes with the XP drivers.

Thanks Nuhi. vLite is shaping up nicely. Nice and simple at the moment too. With nLite I think there ended up being too many options. I know you had the safe config and the like but it still felt a little overwhelming. I guess it was my own fault as I always wanted to find out what all the options did!

I will have to remove that warning, I only saw that in XP for Printer drivers.

Don't remove the warning!

I removed graphics drivers and installed on my laptop, then I tried to install Intels drivers and failed.

I put the drivers back, reinstalled and then it worked ok.

I think the same applies to some old scanners also

That's kinda weird, display drivers were always standalone. If someone else has a laptop with Intel graphics and integrates downloadable drivers from the net try to install them by manual updating it in device manager after removing display drivers in vLite.

That's kinda weird, display drivers were always standalone. If someone else has a laptop with Intel graphics and integrates downloadable drivers from the net try to install them by manual updating it in device manager after removing display drivers in vLite.

drivers that use usbscan might have the same issue, but usbscan might be included even if you remove drivers, I'm not sure.

I installed a usb scanner on vista with drivers from 1999, that scanner uses usbscan, but as I said it might be included anyway, you should know.

Amazing that the scanner still worked, these were the drivers included on the cd that came with the scanner, the latest driver available was from 2000 and that did not work.

Strange

• 2 weeks later...

I have Canon MP150 and now i cant install that in Vista64 because i removed the printer drivers :) Now i get this error message:

post-65145-1173360535_thumb.jpg

In earliel installation with printer drivers included everything was working fine.

Edited by kerpele

Just to clarify, you removed the printer drivers with vLite because you have your own drivers but after doing this your own drivers no longer install or fail to function correctly?

Have I got that right?

Just to clarify, you removed the printer drivers with vLite because you have your own drivers but after doing this your own drivers no longer install or fail to function correctly?

Have I got that right?

You got right...But now i get installation working again :)

First i installed only canon MP150 vista drivers (MP Drivers 1.10) and got that error message. After that i installed "Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module" and i started driver installation again and just pointed where the drivers was. Now everything is working like it should be.