Nifty little application

Not sure about the rest of you ATI users, but I know that the control panel changing my reso is a pain in the butt, so I went searching for a command line reso changer, and this is what I found

Reschange

Now I havent tested it yet (aside from actually in windows and it works), but I was thinking, perhaps install the control panel during the cmdlines.txt phase, and then call this application to change your reso on first boot.

ECHO Changing resolution to 1280 x 1024 (85hz)
reschange.exe -width=1280 -height=1024 -depth=32 -refresh=85

Maybe this will be of some help to others :)

Also, does anyone know the registry key to register your copy of DU Meter, and its preferences?

• 4 months later...

Hello:

Computers are a very big hobby of mine. I am into building systems but not very good with msdos commands. I saw your thread or post via Google about reschange.exe. I am trying to use it to see if I can run a screensaver that I have had for many years. It only runs at 768x1024 resolution. I would like it to run at 800x600. I have tried to use this reschange.exe program in dos and edit the autoexec.bat file. I am not doing it correctly. Could someone please tell me or give me some insight into what the command should look like. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter