Realtek AC97 Silent install

Bolus123

if the drivers aren't signed you need to tweak a registry setting to avoid the warning messages.

i don't remember the registry key but you can try to do goggle search or see if it is in the unattended guide.

I think You're right. I went to system/hardware there I can check the option to allways ignore unsigned policies. I just can´t find the regtweak for it. Do you think you can find it? Or do you have an idea where to look? Thanks.

Edited by Bolus123

You can install all Realtek Audio drivers through RunOnceEx using the silent switch. Here's an example:

REG ADD %KEY%03 /VE /D "Realtek High Digital Audio R1.57" /f
REG ADD %KEY%03 /V 1 /D "\"%CDROM%\Applications\Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers R1.57\setup.exe\" -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\realtek.log\"" /f

The -s tells InstallShield to do a silent install (it uses setup.iss) whilst the -f2 is required for silent installs as they generate log files (you must save the log to a HDD or you'll have problems).

I tried this, but it doesn`t work. The strangest thing is, when I don`t use the log option, it does install (but not in runonceex). If I do use the log option it doesn´t install. But I am still not sure if it installs the driver, because its not digitally signed. I think it only installs the program.

Okay...

Have you read this post? Under the section unsigned drivers it discusses the method it uses for getting around the driving signing issue. I use this method myself for installing drivers from a CD/DVD and have had no issues with installing Realtek drivers. Note the commentary near the end of the post about resetting the signing policy so that in the future, unsigned drivers throw the dialog box. Give it a go and let me know how things turn out.

Hi SRJ,

Thanks for your reply. I've been trying to integrate using the WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe file, but no succes. I did the following:

1) Run regkey:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing]

"Policy"=dword:00000000

2) Run WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe (for making sure windows doesn´t turn back the regvalue)

3) Run silent install realtek driver

I tried doing this in normal XP mode (not runonceex), if it works in runonceex it should work in normal XP I guess.

Result is still popping up the box for unsigned drivers.

How exactly are you performing the installation?

Don't have much time but try this:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing]
"Policy"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing]
"Policy"=hex:00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing]
"BehaviorOnFailedVerify"=dword:00000000