Diskeeper + CHKDSK

Craney

Hey

I've tried to run Diskeeper 2007 Premium, and I get an error message (ive attatched the image).

I've already ran chkdsk on boot up, it fixes some problems my system has and then carries on booting up....so I don't know why its still scheduled.

Anyone help me out?

Alex

post-4087-1172087643_thumb.jpg

Edited by Craney

I've run into that myself. If I remember correctly, letting chkdsk do its thing to both my drives allowed Diskeeper to defragment.

Here's some additional information on chkdsk. I hope it helps. You sure nothing is physically wrong with your drive?

Well there might be, i dont know :/

It all seems fine.

I've got one 80GB hdd split into two partitions, i let the chkdsk do its thing when i boot, and it seems to fix a shed load of stuff, but then it tries to do it agian and again everytime i boot, is there anyway i can stop it? my hdd seems fine......

Alex

Edited by Craney

bump :(

ok i found it in boot execute whilst on my other user account, i unchecked it, restarted, got to the screen where it usually starts to scan and it said it couldnt find the program or something, so it just carried on to load windows...

but then my pc was running really slow for a while, processor was showing 65-75% usage when i wasnt doing anything, i checked the processes and there was nothing there.

it seems to be ok now for some reason, but i still cant analyze or defrag my drive with diskeeper, it says that CHKDSK is still scheduled to be run and i should let it run then try again, but like i said, it will run, fix stuff, then on the next restart it will do it again.......

:@

edit: ive fixed it now, no further help is needed.

w00t :thumbup

Edited by Craney