How to create UDF Iso?

ArmondSooksians

Hi,

Thank you for making this grate project!

Can we create UDF-base file system iso images by using VLite, like the original Vista iso image? or, Is there a convenience tool to do that?

I'm knowing that the CDImage.exe program can do that but I don't know the needed command line options.

With best regards,

Armond.

Hi,

Thank you for making this grate project!

Can we create UDF-base file system iso images by using VLite, like the original Vista iso image? or, Is there a convenience tool to do that?

I'm knowing that the CDImage.exe program can do that but I don't know the needed command line options.

With best regards,

Armond.

cdimage -lVISTA -bc:.\image1.bin -h -n -m -o .\vlite c:\vlite.iso

cdimage -lVISTA -bc:.\image1.bin -h -n -m -o .\vlite c:\vlite.iso

That command won't make it a UDF image. It'll just make it a normal ISO with optimization. If you want UDF, add the -u2 flag to it like so:

cdimage -lVISTA -bc:.\image1.bin -u2 -h -m -o .\vlite c:\vlite.iso

This will make a UDF image that's in the same format as the original Vista DVD and its also worth noting that -n is not a feature that's used with UDF (-u2) images.

Edited by Arneh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Use Nero to make vLite bootable UDF's, but first you need to copy the boot image from the vista CD using isobuster.

Insert the original vista cd and (make a note of the title/name of the cd) e.g. WXPVLK_OEM or similar.

Then open with isobuster.

When you have it opened, look to the left and select the (bootable cd) tab, usually the blue tab.

After selected you will see 2 files in the window on the right, (miscrosoft.img and bootcatalog)

Select those 2 files and extract them to a folder on your desktop.

Those are the 2 files you need to tell nero to burn to the disc also to make it bootable. I keep my vLite and nLite preinstalls in folders on my desktop when i am working with them and i keep also an XP and Vista boot_img folder next to them on the desktop but not in with my preinstalls, so keep the folders seperate. (2 folders one for your vista/vLite files and one for the boot image files.

NERO:

Start up nero in standard mode not the smart start :) and select (DVDROM / boot)

After selected the first tab to open up is the 'boot' tab. (source of boot image data)

Select 'image file' and browse to the folder on your desktop where you copied the microsoft.img from the vista cd.

Next in the dropdown select (all files) not .ima file or you will not see the microsoft image. default is set to ima.

After you have the microsoft.img file chosen, next in the bottom half of the window check the 'advanced' box.

Set 'kind of emulation' to (none)

Set 'number of loaded sectors' to (4) default is 1. the other settings on this tab are ok.

Next go to the 'label' tab and choose to name manually, and reneme to the same name as the Vista cd like above.

Next on the 'misc' tab select (cache files under 64k)

Click on 'burn' and your ready to go.. just browse to the folder where you put your tailored vista files and burn them.

Good luck... and look ma' no command lines :D

Edited by phlegm

try this new one cdimage v2.52

That version is fake (hex edited v2.47) - other than that it's fine...

I don't think the real v2.52 is in the wild at all.

I should also mention, MS now offers OSCDIMG 2.45 (in waik etc.) which does just as good a job and has less options to worry about.

Jamie

try this new one cdimage v2.52

That version is fake (hex edited v2.47) - other than that it's fine...

I don't think the real v2.52 is in the wild at all.

I should also mention, MS now offers OSCDIMG 2.45 (in waik etc.) which does just as good a job and has less options to worry about.

Jamie

:unsure: After creating the CD or DVD check with Nero Info Tool , It displays CDIMAGE 2.52

:unsure: After creating the CD or DVD check with Nero Info Tool , It displays CDIMAGE 2.52

:unsure: After downloading them both check with a hex comparison, the only differences are the version strings.

The attached png shows the only differences that exist between the two versions. Top window is the version string that gets printed in the console, bottom window shows the string that gets inserted into the created image and has been modified to match recent images from MS.

Jamie

Edit: attachment too big, wish it'd pop a msgbox or something!

post-33948-1175087223_thumb.png

Edited by jamieo