Windows Vista Windows Explorer

cdorobantu

Hi,

I like to set my view in Windows Explorer by details (ie. from the VIEW menu option -> DETAILS). Now, everytime I close Windows Explorer and re-open the application, the view resets itself to something else. How can I make Vista remember by set view? I do have set the option to "Remember each folder's view settings" from Tools -> Folder Options -> View.

Does this happen to anyone else? How can I fix it? I know in XP that a registry setting had to be changed to tell Windows how many folder views to remember (default 400). That number in Vista is already set to 5000 views.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I like to set my view in Windows Explorer by details (ie. from the VIEW menu option -> DETAILS). Now, everytime I close Windows Explorer and re-open the application, the view resets itself to something else. How can I make Vista remember by set view? I do have set the option to "Remember each folder's view settings" from Tools -> Folder Options -> View.

Does this happen to anyone else? How can I fix it? I know in XP that a registry setting had to be changed to tell Windows how many folder views to remember (default 400). That number in Vista is already set to 5000 views.

Thanks.

I'm also having same problem but I like to see List View not details. Vista changes the view it self. For MP3 it changes, for Avi it changes, It drives me crazy.

I have seen this problem in my Vista RC2 before - but after I reinstalled it, it was gone.

I think you have to go to the folder properties, customize, and then select the content to be All Items. Does it work?

Close everything you can, go to control panel > apparent something > folder options > reset folders > log off.

Log back in, brows your way to your e.g. C:\ in the explorer, chose the view option you want, then go to control panel > apparent something > folder options > check remember each folders view setting > apply > ok > restart.

I had this issue as well, but after doing this and I guess with some random "luck" it was sorted, GL.