Vista, Sysprep, Capture Image Boot (WDS)

I have what I believe is a working BOOT .wim file that successfully asks me what image I want to deploy once it's booted. Naturally, I don't have any images to choose from yet.

I have what I believe is a working CAPTURE .wim file that successfully talks me though selecting my C: drive and then connecting to my WDS server. After I select my imagegroup, the FINISH button is never unghosted, and so I cannot click it.

I assume the filename (in the top part of the window) doesn't need to be filled out - that's there if I wanted to store my .wim locally - I don't - I want to connect to my WDS server, upload the .wim or captured data there, and then boot from my boot.wim file and deploy my captured image.

Help!? Why is the FINISH word ghosted? Why can't I continue?

I know I've sysprepped the drive correctly (Vista RTM with a few MS updates) since it lets me pick that drive to capture (if I didn't sysprep the Vista RTM Enterprise install first, I wouldn't be able to select that volume....)..... what else must I check?

yeah, this is a really interesting feature (or should i call it BUG?)

you have to use the dialog, like you wan't to save local... so fill in a name for the file, and then additionally select the store on server stuff... then it works... also needed some time to figure this out... but now it works like intended...

• 2 weeks later...