Setup doesn't accept any SP2 serial

ciprianmp

I searched but the results were null, so I don't know if this issue has ever been addressed. If so please move the topic to its place.

I created un unattended DVD (790Mb) being the first one for me. Everything run smoothely, except it won't take any serial. Not my bought one, nor those available on the net. I included my serial in the WINNT.SIF, hoping that it will not ask for me for serial everytime. But now it doesn't accept any serial. I use RVM integrator as a first step and finalized/fine tuned the iso with nLite.

Does anyone have a solution for this? How do I fix/skip this step? (my original CD has been scratched so I needed an alternative, but now I just sit and wait with my computer sleepin'. What can I do?)

Thanks!

Here is my WINNT.SIF content, except for the license, of course ;)

; Generated by nLite 1.3 RC 2

[Data]AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

Autopartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=115

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme"

[Components]

Iis_common=Off

Iis_ftp=Off

Iis_inetmgr=Off

Iis_internetdataconnector=Off

Iis_nntp=Off

Iis_serversideincludes=Off

Iis_smtp=Off

Iis_webadmin=Off

Iis_webdav=Off

Iis_www=Off

Iis_www_vdir_scripts=Off

Iis_asp=Off

[userData]

ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=2

Language= "0409"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode=0

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="Workgroup"

[GuiRunOnce]

"%SystemRoot%\System32\nLite.cmd"

Edited by ciprianmp

Did you build this UA cd from your original before it was scratched, or did you build it from a different media (either downloaded or borrowed)? Also, is your current valid CD key one that came with your computer from the manufacturer, or did you buy it retail from a store?

Did you build this UA cd from your original before it was scratched, or did you build it from a different media (either downloaded or borrowed)? Also, is your current valid CD key one that came with your computer from the manufacturer, or did you buy it retail from a store?
It's very important that you know if you have Retail, Corporate or OEM version!

Thank you both of you. I had to work two more nigths to have it work. Of course I used a corporate serial over a retail cd. I succeded to recover my old cd content with totalcopy, replacing the erroneous files (from scratches) with ones from a backup cd (scratched as well) or from another retail cd. It finally worked as a charm. So thank you.

Now I have to rebuild my UA because the previous try it had an awfull outcome: it removed most of the shortcuts in the start menu, it didn't actually apply the Ryan's update pack, I don't know why. I will start it from scratch. I know you guys did a wonderful jub and all these how to's and software you released should work as they work for most of you, so it is just about our skills and patience (the newbies).

So thank you again for your tremendous work.

Ciprian