Ramdisk for Vista 64bit

DavidNL

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

It's much faster than a harddisk, so any application that does alot of writing/reading (temp files for example) operates much faster when using a ramdrive to store these temp files on.

In my case, i use it for Newsleecher (NewsLeecher is a tool made for fetching and managing articles from the Usenet).

While downloading it writes all the temp files (50MB) to my ramdisk, and after that it writes the total file to the output directory on my harddisk.

So instead of first writing the temp files to my harddisk, and then writing the total result to my harddisk, when using a ramdisk it only writes the total result... = faster and less burden/load on my harddrive :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I know there has been a free ramdisk which was limted to 32mb and worked in xp64...

...however as i was curious about this myelf i've discovered (for a price) you can get a full feature 64bit ramdrive for all versions of windows since 2000, x86 and x64...with support for $24 USD, or $12 if you don't want the updates and support

it has its limitations, it can only handle 64gig ramdrive however, I mean i'm not sure how thats a limitation yet, but i'm sure someone would complain about it

http://www.ramdisk.tk/

hope its of use! theres a free trial but it only supports basic ramdisk, doesn't save or load images and has a limit to the size