i can't integrate Rollup for Windows 2000 sp4

Hi All,

I'm having some difficulties integrating Windows 2000 Post Service Pack 4 Update 1 into my unattended builds.

The integration goes fine but when trying to install from the unattended build I'm getting errors in WINSRV.DLL - A check shows that the file is there.

I have tried several fixes for this from Starting with Windows 2000 Gold, slipstreaming SP4 then the rollup to compressing the WINSRV.DLL and renaming to WINSRV.DL_ in case there was a name matching issue!!

If anyone can point me in the direction of a fix or a technote admiting a bug in the SRP I'll be most grateful.

Thanks.

Hi, no problem with integration in "CMDLINES.TXT" like this :

%systemdrive%\winapps\SP4URP1\SP4_URP1.EXE /quiet /passive /norestart

But beware, the real name is : Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-xxx.EXE (where 'xxx' stands for your language !)

hmmm....

I remember having trouble with this too, problem was solved rearranging the install order of the hotfixes, I install Update Rollup and Hotfixes via SvcPack.inf. It will be helpful if you give us more details, such as at what stage you're trying to install it, etc.

Hi, no problem with integration in "CMDLINES.TXT" like this :

Interesting, never tried installing it via cmdlines.txt, I might give it a try ;)

Edited by chon_