"selected partition requires at least 85995 MB free space"

Hi, I've recently been trying to setup an unattended Vista install, and after several attempts to use the (rather outdated?) WAIK guide on the MS site I found you guys here. Reading through the forums have been most helpful, however I can't find anything on this nugget:

"The selected partition requires at least 85995 MB free space" at the partitioning screen. (Not automated, I'm using a modified version of your sample file).

If I DO automate it, it seems to work correctly but then says "Disk must have at least ~6700MB free space" once it gets to the "copying files" stage.

My drive is an 80 gig drive. Given this, it somehow seems like some part of the installer wants to use up 71gigs of data before it even tries anything.

I've attached the current version I'm using.

p.s. I still have to enter no product key and say I don't want to enter the key yet, is this screen skippable? Using the product key setting but leaving it blank just causes it to give an error and not install at all.

unattend.xml

Hello richardland!

How is your Disk looking like for the moment? Is it a new one wihtout any partitions or is there something loaded on that disk?

AFAIK the product key screen is skipable with a valid product key only. And you should never use empty tags in Autounattend.xml like this:

<ProductKey></ProductKey>

This will almost fail.

Regards,

Martin

The disk is completely clean.

I've tried a completely clean disk with no partitions, with 1 unformatted partition, with 1 large formatted partition. No joy with any of it!

EDIT: After removing a few options I didn't understand like UseConfigurationSet it seems to be working well!

Edited by richardland