whats better than the ipod?

ripken204

im planning on getting some sort of mp3 player this summer, just wondering if there is anything better than the ipod? it would need to be large, at least 80gigs... price cant be too much either, 350$ for the ipod 80gig is good for me. but is there anything that sounds better? longer battery? dont have to use stupid itunes?

There's lots of good players out there, but 80GB or more? There aren't too many players with this much space yet. AFAIK the iPod is the only one with so much right now, but that might change soon.

I absolutely love my gigabeat (made by toshiba), but the biggest model has "only" 60GB. It had a far nicer/better/bigger/sharper display than the iPod that was out at the time, nicer controls IMO, longer battery life, lots of DSPs (SRS and EQ), and no iJunk software required, more features, etc (all-around better). Paired with some Sennheiser CX300 headphones it's absolutely great.

Looks like you're stuck with an iPod.

for me there is nothin better than ipod :) since its possible to install linux (rockbox or ipod-linux) it makes even better..but i think its too earlie for that since playback mp3s doesnt work with 5G ipods i think

and u dont need to use itunes

use yamipod or winamp for example

yamipod is just an .exe file which doesnt require installation

also possible to copy this file to ipod and start if from there :)

Edited by Weed

5.5G 80gig ipod is currently not supported by rockbox

ipod-linux i dont know, dont think so since this ipod is too new

take a look at

http://www.rockbox.org

http://www.ipodlinux.org

for more info about status 5.5g ipod, read there forums

its possible to multiboot, so u have the choice which os u like to boot (apple,rockbox,..)

first, i would forget about it :) too early for 5.5G

of course u would have many features, like addin themes, games,applications, browse folders and viewin text/picture files, more audio/video format support, many new settings

Edited by Weed

Mp3 Boy- a cartrige program for the gameboy color that can play Mp3. Created by a Negro also. Nintendo even tried to prevent them from releasing it also dew to the name boy at the end. It has a patent.

Gba media player- basic play movies and music. [;ays WMV and Mpeg

Gba media player and NES player- play like the above and NES games and roms I think.

Flash Gba etc- recently a new compact Flash that allows easy exchange of data.

Gba OS- a program with a GUI like windows or Linux which you can manage game files along with media files

on a gba

Gba movie maker program that allows you to make movies in a gba readable format. You then upload to your flash cart and play on a gba.

gizmondo/gizmodo- a pocket system which money came from a syndicate where it originted. While it might be money from etc group. The hardware is remarkable and have fully 3d games and a Ppc like OS to play music and media files. I forget the PPC power.

PSP. play music and emulate games. This is great thing about the PSP is that it can emulate most systems with eas while lacking creative and new games. It is great for on the go anywhere. It can also play media. The sad part is the memory stick costs.

Zodiac. a failed system but a excellent ppc that you can play music and movies on.

I am just reccomending this since you can do everything. However I really recommend a regualr ppc that has a lot of storage space and picks up wave. I hate the new stuff since waiting on line with a bunch of Ipods around me gives off High frequecy sounds.

However the Ipod return policy is excellent just throw it in a washing machine and get a new one from your dispencer.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa

gizmondo/gizmodo- a pocket system which money came from a syndicate where it originted. While it might be money from etc group. The hardware is remarkable and have fully 3d games and a Ppc like OS to play music and media files. I forget the PPC power.
Gizmondo is a device. Gizmodo is a website.

Apple Ipod is still your choice, I have a Black 30gig Ipod Video and I am loving it, And plus, ITunes rocks! I never have no problems with my ITunes what so ever! So take the better choice, get an Ipod ;)

iPod - Yes.

iTunes - No.

I just can't stand iTunes. If I used OSX on a Mac, then I might consider it, since a lot of it's UI elements seem to have been developed for it, but it just doesn't fit into Windows at all.

If you're going to use an iPod (which I suggest), then get yourself Winamp with the ML_iPod plugin. It'll sync your entire media collection to your iPod, with album art and all. I've only had one small problem with it, but I can't really explain why - my Crystal Method collection appears under the Artists list in the iPod a couple of times...I haven't really bothered working hard to solve it, but just letting you know that there are still minor bugs.