4 questions, I can't find answer

Borec

1) Is there any reason to let the last access update in NTFS switched on? (better defragmentation, or ?)

2) Can I integrate drivers into nlite - the drivers which I have extracted from windows xp, using e. g. Driver Genius?

3) Some websites, where are tutorials for nlite, recommend not to remove some parts of windows - printers and ethernet DHCP - is it really good advice?

4) The greatist issue :) - OEM Preinstall - if someone has corporate version of winXP - should he switch off this?

Thank you all

1. only that and you won't probably even notice it so it's ok to disable IMO

2. yes BUT you may get the missing files popup during detection then you need to point it to the cd:\i386\nldrv\xx folder

Why? Because some of these programs don't use [sourceDisksFiles] tags which is a big problem if you ask me, they could have fixed it, I remember before Double Driver program had that issue.

3. no, you should remove what you want. DHCP is very useful if you don't set your LAN IP static

4. ? no, read the help popup next to the option.

Thanks,

for precising:

some websites tell - It's better to avoid changing or removing "printers"

(It seems, the setting, or drivers, or support of printers is something special ?)

And still the "unhappy" OEM :)

What does really happen, if I choose it, or if I don't choose it?

Is it true, it will create only a folder in the instalation called $OEM$ - and there will be nothing, if I have no add ons, or unsigned drivers, or WHAT?

And last but not least - drivers extracting - I have an idea - it would be possible to find all the installed, signed inf files by using the MS program System Information, which is currently in windows (but it can't run, if the service Help and Support is disabled!), and find (manually) all these *.in_ files on WinXP SP2 CD, and decompress them and also the CABs (to obtain all the drivers) just in one folder and the *.inf files, that I need for my devices to integrate into nlite, and ALL OTHER DRIVERS TO REMOVE (with the aid of nlite) ...

apologize for my english

Why not just install the needed drivers from each manufacture?

For hardware info Everest is very good!

Download:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.p...=UE〈=en

Always keep a backup of the driver in the future!

About OEM, if you have original OEM do not switch to Corporate!

If not, go ahead ;)

With Corporate you do not need to call MS and register windows, but with OEM and Retail you have to.

Thanks

the reason, why I wish install only drivers which I need for my PC is the same as one off the purposes of nlite - to save more space on hard disc, to save time by instalation or for example by defragmentation of system portion.

I think, I shouldn't install the newest drivers, because I have got a PC, wich is dated cca to year 2000 (athlon 900, GeForce 2), and with SP2 I've got relativelly new drivers (2004). I think, the drivers, that are in the original CD's of Windows XP (SP2) were tested, to be compatible each other, and I've still had no problems with these drivers - even by using bootvis I didn't reach any more progress :)

The OEM - is it true, in my case, if I have corporate version of WinXP, I should deaktivate the "OEM Preinstall" ?