Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...

i couldnt find the link for vista icon pack v3 but ive finally found it because all the links i clicked were down. (found this on a chinease server. HEres the link :)

http://download.pchome.net/design/icon/download_33867.html

use at your own risk you have to replace explorer.exe and anotherfile i dont remember archive in forums because its not designed for win2000

Edited by Dilusion

I don't recommend using those packs. Reshacking system files by yourself is the way to go. I don't like having a 10MB shell32.

Thats true i saw the shell32 and i didnt want it either so i tried to uninstall but it didnt do it all the way so i still have some vista icons. its all mixed

Hi all. First of all, I'd like to say that I'm delighted with this hack for Windows 2000. Best thing to happen in ages :thumbup

Anyway, I'm not posting just to say so. I should report also what I'm experiencing with WinRAR. See:

winrarrp2koz0.png

This is WinRAR with FOOOD's Junior theme. As you can see, the alpha layer of the icons on the toolbar is rendered weirdly. All of these are 32 bit bmps. The way WinRAR shows the shell icons (see the "Confirm file replace" dialog) is even stranger.

There is a winrar.exe.32bitimgl file on WinRAR's folder and strangely enough it seems to be working (because when browsing the hard disk the alpha layered icons show just fine in the list, as you can see in the capture).

So, that's it. Issue reported :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...