Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

Tihiy

There's just the minute issue with the disabled toolbar buttons.
i found another bug:

Display Properties > "Effects" Tab > Desktop Icons. This list can't show the alpha channel properly.

Those aren't bugs which are because of bugs in 32-bit icon algorithm; those bugs are by design in Windows because of not implemented features or patch required.

They're not present in Windows 98 RP, but that's another issue.

Yeah, Tihiy. I know it's no bug but I didn't have a better word for it. :lol:

By the way: I was really impressed by your tip on how to make windows use 24px toolbar images, so the question is how do you find that kind of things while hex-editing an exe or dll? I once drove myself crazy trying to rise outlook express' color palette with IDA PRO and a hex editor.

Great work, Tihiy! Although I have migrated to XP a long time ago I still have this older PC I love playing arround with, and Windows 2000 is its main OS.

Now I have one question: does Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack enable the use of 32-bit alpha-blended icons in the system tray as well or we still have to patch explorer.exe to get anything better than 16 colors?

Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack will have skins on future as the Revolutions Pack Seven?

It depends.

Great work, Tihiy! Although I have migrated to XP a long time ago I still have this older PC I love playing arround with, and Windows 2000 is its main OS.

Now I have one question: does Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack enable the use of 32-bit alpha-blended icons in the system tray as well or we still have to patch explorer.exe to get anything better than 16 colors?

You can patch explorer.exe OR you can create explorer.exe.32bitimgl file in %systemroot% and you will have 32-bit icon it tray then.

You can patch explorer.exe OR you can create explorer.exe.32bitimgl file in %systemroot% and you will have 32-bit icon it tray then.

Thanks Thihy here it works :D !!! Did you contact the author of tclock3 to implement the taskbar skinning into rp7(for win2k)?

Edited by wilderer

Sorry for my ignorance: what's a explorer.exe.32bitimgl file? How can I create it? Is it simply a blank text file with that name?

:s

Not much success here either.

There were no changes to be noticed in the Administrator account. In the Power User account, I got black, toothy edges on quite a few icons.

Same here, and I am using ATI (Radeon X1950 Pro).

Outpost tray icon is wrecked (as are Nero install icons) and I have folders of XP icons that all have very jagged black edges. Strangely, a couple of icons in the control panel seem to be displaying correctly, but I may be mistaken as I can't be sure how they looked before (I did not pay them that much attention).

I have cleared icon cache, unregistered DLL and re-registered, but it's still the same unfortunately.

There were no changes to be noticed in the Administrator account. In the Power User account, I got black, toothy edges on quite a few icons.

Outpost tray icon is wrecked (as are Nero install icons) and I have folders of XP icons that all have very jagged black edges. Strangely, a couple of icons in the control panel seem to be displaying correctly, but I may be mistaken as I can't be sure how they looked before (I did not pay them that much attention).

I have cleared icon cache, unregistered DLL and re-registered, but it's still the same unfortunately.

I've noticed that you CAN'T check "show icons with all possible colors" in desktop properties. When you register this dll, that box is unchecked. Have you re-checked it after applying the dll register?

I've noticed that you CAN'T check "show icons with all possible colors" in desktop properties. When you register this dll, that box is unchecked. Have you re-checked it after applying the dll register?

You'd set ShellIconBPP back to 16 instead of 32, actually disabling Win2K Revolutions Pack

hi guys, i have asked tihiy if i can use it in my vista2000 pack and has give me a ok.

so check out the thread under windows customisation.

there is going to be an update today.

oh and tihiy, would it be a good idea if we"you, wildbill, and me" work together to make a hell of a pack for 2000?!

let me know if you like that, just pm me.

damian666

Hrm, explorer.exe seems to be an either/or thing, since I have a hacked .exe and it doesn't appear to work. That's a shame.

Do I need to do anything specific to get it to work with alt-tab?