Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

Tihiy

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but my system became very unstable after installing RPL2K.DLL. I'd get an error message that explorer.exe has caused problems, and the shell restarted after I clicked OK. This happened opening random folders (just viewing them), very often. I deinstalled RPL2K.DLL about 7 hours ago and so far I didn't experience any crash. I haven't witnessed a shell restart for over two years on my computer (reinstalled a few times, of course, in those two years) so I'd exclude "bad system maintenance", but you never know, hehe... :)

If it would help, I can install RPL2K.DLL again and provide you with some logs. I usually use Inspector IIXII but if you prefer something else let me know...

I'd get an error message that explorer.exe has caused problems, and the shell restarted after I clicked OK.

Believe or not, this bug is known. However, i though it to be extremely rare.

That's how reputation is lost, eh :rolleyes:

Wait please for 1.5 where i'll fix it. I just need to find time for that.

Version 1.5 attached to the first post

- Fixed Explorer crash which can occur while image-lists are being refreshed

- Added 32-bit icon support into taskbar (Note: not every application will support it. Opera and applications compiled on Borland compilers may not show 32-bit icons on taskbar)

Tihiy, the shell icons work fine. But what about explorer toolbar icons? I have the 32-bit toolbar bitmaps from Vista (Browseui.dll - bitmap#265, 266, 276, 277) but they're oversized ie. 384x24 instead of 320x20 and 1128x24 instead of 940x20. If I apply them directly the white areas become transparent (which must mean that the toolbar supports 32-bit bitmaps), but the icons are all misaligned because of the size discrepancy. If I resize the bitmaps, the icons are aligned properly but the white areas show up around the icons.

Since both original and resized images are 32-bit bitmaps I fail to see why they behave differently.

Do you have any idea why this happens and/or any workarounds? Since your screenshot doesn't show toolbar icons I don't know if you have modified your toolbar or intend to. I'm using RPL2K 1.2 BTW.

Since both original and resized images are 32-bit bitmaps I fail to see why they behave differently.

Are you sure they're both 32-bit? Check them for transparency with some tool which is able to show it.

I'm certainly looking for a way to provide 32-bit icons with 24x24 size into Explorer toolbar.

It is easily possible by patching files, but i want to find a way to do it on the fly.

I use GIMP. It says "Display Type: RGB Color", "Visual class: True Color", and "Visual depth: 32" for both images. And if I move the cursor to the white background, it shows "Red: 255", "Blue: 255", "Green: 255" and "Alpha: 255" in both images. Or is GIMP incapable of detecting the alpha value in bitmaps?

I don't know much about graphics editing, so if you're "looking for a way to provide 32-bit icons with 24x24 size into Explorer toolbar", I'll just wait for you to implement it; since it's obviously going to be better than anything I can cook up.

If you can point out any place where I might have got it wrong, I'll try again. If it's easily possible to use 24x24 icons by patching files, can you please tell me how? I'll settle for the manual method till you figure out how to automate the process.

i found another bug:

Display Properties > "Effects" Tab > Desktop Icons. This list can't show the alpha channel properly.

However:

1) I don't care that much.

2) It can't even show 48px icons.

3) Worse color limitations exist on every other list in this applet.