Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

Tihiy

Tihiy: 1.1 worked for Miranda as noted. I've found another example where it doesn't seem to work, however (even having created the relevant .32bitimgl file) - Rocketdock of course displays 32-bit icons correctly, since it's designed to do so, but something about its preview window stops it doing so; see "Icons" in the attached picture.

There's a similar problem in IconTweaker, though I'm not sure whether it's the same thing.

And be reassured, it works great here on my GeForce FX 5500 ;) The one thing I would reiterate is that for me it didn't work if I registered the dll anywhere *other* than in winnt/system32.

post-69830-1171916505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Targaff

Not much success here either.

There were no changes to be noticed in the Administrator account. In the Power User account, I got black, toothy edges on quite a few icons.

I followed the directions a few posts above but to no avail. Looks like nVidia is a real show stopper, hehe... :)

There were no changes to be noticed in the Administrator account. In the Power User account, I got black, toothy edges on quite a few icons.
Well. That's can also be because Shell Icon BPP not equals 32.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"Shell Icon BPP"="32"

(you may need to relogin)

That entry is set when you register dll, but only for current user. Under other user, you must apply this registry change or re-register dll if possible.

Rocketdock... something about its preview window stops it doing so

Oh yes. I've found the problem.

The problem is that Rocketdock creates ILC_COLOR32 imagelist not ILC_COLOR32 | ILC_MASK. While this will work and display 32-bit icons under Windows XP (undocumented however), that will break any other icon that isn't 32-bit. But programmer was sure that there will be no such case? That's pretty bad!

There are several solutions to that problem; i'll choose one that works best. Wait for 1.2 :whistle:

Well. That's can also be because Shell Icon BPP not equals 32.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"Shell Icon BPP"="32"

(you may need to relogin)

That entry is set when you register dll, but only for current user. Under other user, you must apply this registry change or re-register dll if possible.

That seems to have done the trick, at least for folder views and Quick Launch. But the big buttons in the taskbar still have those toothy edges on icons. I'll give the programname.exe.32bitimgl a try but I suppose it wasn't your intention to have it applied to so many programs (Opera, Firefox, Quicktime Settings,...) Edited by Tomcat76

That seems to have done the trick, at least for folder views and Quick Launch. But the big buttons in the taskbar still have those toothy edges on icons.

Well. Alpha-blended icons in taskbar, window captions and Alt-Tab dialog is not supported now because they're drawn at deeper system level.

note: you can workaround this now by using WindowBlinds, TClock3 and other skinning programs.

I think i can patch at that level as well, however, i need to know which user32.dll version is *latest* now and where can I download it now.

Edit: oh noes calls go to teh kernal

Version 1.2 with following improvements attached to first post:

- Shell icon cache is now rebuilt after installation

- Rocketdock images issue fixed

Edited by Tihiy

I'm testing this out on a VM. I placed the dll file in the win\sys32 folder and typed in regsvr32 rpl2k.dll and I get an error window. I'm using a slim version of 2k with an IE6 core and dx9c slipstreamed.

DllRegisterServer in rpl2k.dll failed. Return code was 0xffffffff

Are there file dependencies for this DLL? Do I need to use a full blown installation of 2k to run this?

DllRegisterServer in rpl2k.dll failed. Return code was 0xffffffff

This means rpl2k.dll was already registered from this or another directory.

Try to unregister before registering. If it won't help, manually clean AppInit_DLLs.

Tihiy RP for 2000 is great idea. :thumbup

Since I were bought new computer in my PC isn't 98SE.

Now I can use nLite to build new W2K0.

Thanks a lot for your work!

U are the best!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I hope there will be the same skining engine like in 98SE...

These are the 4 bugs i've found so far. I should say bugs #1-#3 don't happen all the time and they are not exclusive to any particular program. Bug #4, on the other hand, does happen all the time.

Bugs #1-#3:

screenshot2tg4.jpg

Bug #4:

screenshot3np5.jpg

Edited by Dave.Net

Bugs #1,2: known, random, weird, trying to fix.

#3: not explored & not known how to fix: Windows XP also doesn't display all 32-bit .ico files, only some of them.

#4: this bug happens because when 32-bit & non-32 bit image is composited, it is impossible to distinguish what result is. Render may be either with weird arrow or weird arrow and no image at all. Don't know what to do either.

Other than that, i'll try to fix #1-#2, and also add 32-bit icons in taskbar at least.