.hta appz in WinPE

Br4tt3

Oki, so I have added the scripting package (WinPE-Scripting-Package) and the hta support package (WinPE-HTA-Package) to my custom WinPE 2.0 image. I then map a network drive (UNC) so it equals z: - if I then try to launch a .hta file from that z: drive: mshta.exe WinPE.hta or cmd /c mshta.exe WinPE.hta it does not work?? I can see that the mshta.exe process is running whenever the command is launched. When running the same command from within Windows (not PE) it works, and if I take the same .hta file and execute it directly from the startnet.cmd file locally to WinPE it works.... ??? Read somewhere in the forum that one should execute the .hta file from the local PE x:\windows\system32 dir but to no use.... anyone seen this behavior before? The same file works in WinPE 2005! Also, is WMI included in the WinPE-Scripting-Package package as it is not displayed as a seperate package from what I can gather....

Thanks.....

Edited by Br4tt3

Not to sure about the hta stuff. May need to copy it from the server to local ramdisk and run it then.

WMI is not built into the core PE2 but install the package, not documented by MS~:

peimg /install=WinPE-wmi-Package c:\.....................

How does the HTA act within "Windows Vista"?

It's working..... :whistle:

I have been able to figure out that it is the onLoad feature that is not working as intended in WinPE 2.0! I found another .hta that is delievered from MS within BDD and that is executed from within WinPE 2.0 that I am gonna play around with but still very strange.... another simple thing that didnt work was that I added a gradient to my .hta, that one totally went nuts within WinPE, but is also working within full Vista, XP, WinPE 2005 and so on....

Oki, might be a little hasty but still... If I dont create my custom WinPE 2.0 image but use a LightTouch image from the BDD product that is based on WinPE 2.0, the same .hta works... still, checking the peimg /list /image=c:\my_path\win_pe\windows it shows that it has the same packages as my custom image.... confused.