vLite using Dell Recovery DVD

dustintinsley

Ok, I finally broke down and bought a new laptop. It has Vista installed, but I want to do a fresh install using vLite. Dell sends out a recovery DVD with it's laptops that has the Windows Vista OS on it. How can I use that DVD to make a vLite install DVD? I tried to make one, and the vLite program works and burns, but when I try to boot the DVD, I get an error message about a component being missing.

Does that Recovery DVD installs when used without removing any components from it?

I mean if it is the recovery DVD it's not supported by vLite, at least removals...try keeping the Component Cache if you remove it.

The EXACT same thing is happening to me too with my Dell laptop OEM disk.

I got an Dell OEM Ultimate disk with my laptop and when I try to vlite anything or change any of the settings I get an error when I'm doing a clean install. I don't think I will be able to use this program on my disk afterall.... :(

EDIT: Nevermind.. holy crap am I stupid or just really tired atm because I found out that I was suppose to convert my ISO standard into UDF format. After I did this and ran Virtual PC to test the image it worked PERFECTLY! So my :( is now a :)

Mike.

Edited by ScifiMike12