How to make Vista bootable DVD

sharaz191

This does not work on the business n edition? ....

I get internal errors when booting. even tested in msv2007. doesnt work at all.

I will test it again......

(Windows installation has encounted an error and needs to be restarted) :(

Edited by andrewbell1984

i dunt think the method and the bootloader differs with the version of the vista, there might be somthing else wrong.

U should post Ur error code or Screenshot to identify actual problem.

• 3 weeks later...

i read through the topic and didn't understand. what do i do to get "Press any key to boot from CD.." on my vista dvd. assuming i don't want to makeiso again, but i'm able to inject something into iso with Ultraiso. can anyone help?

Hi guys, I am new here, but already seems as though there is really good info and you all seem really sharp. I, on the other hand am not. I have read all through this thread and can't figure it out. It seems as though the command line that Neo uses will not work. Or am I reading that wrong, Shiraz? And at the same, Bassix is giving a command line as well and that seems to work....or?? So which is it? I really need help making a BOOTABLE! I capped that because I can make iso images all day, but none will boot. I am so frustrated and about to give up. Please guys, in straight english what are the steps to make a bootable Vista DVD??

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I will be eternally greatful.

Please please please please...........................HELP!

Dudeman

i read through the topic and didn't understand. what do i do to get "Press any key to boot from CD.." on my vista dvd. assuming i don't want to makeiso again, but i'm able to inject something into iso with Ultraiso. can anyone help?

This is what I do with absolutely any bootable cd/dvd.

Extract the boot sector by using bbie.exe (Bart's PE site) from either an iso image or bootable cd/dvd. This is usually a 2048 byte file & generally saved as image1.bin.

Extract an iso or copy a cd/dvd to a folder retaining directory structure. Make any additions / subtractions to this directory as per your needs.

This is the lone command line in my vista_full.bat batch file. Saves me the trouble of remembering & typing the command repeatedly. No chance error either

start cdimage.exe -lvista_full -h -j1 -m -o -b\vista_full\image1.bin \vista_full \vista_full.iso

where cdimage.exe is in the root, vista_full is the directory containing all the files to go on the cd/dvd + image1.bin, which is my cdrom boot loader. Vista_full.iso is created in the root of the partition.

Hope this helps.

Gives me an optimized iso image that i burn to the cd/dvd rw using smallcdwriter.exe.

Edited by pmshah

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, i'm a newbie here, i purchased a copy of windows Vista ultimate a while back, and i went to reformat my PC but never checked the disc for scratches. it wouldn't boot off the disc so i coppied the files on my laptop and burnt it to see if that worked, it failed too. i was woundering if there is a specific file i'm missing.... The Folders Include: boot, efi, sources, support and upgrade. The Files Include: autorun, bootmgr and setup. Thanks for helping out.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

I haven't a small problem I been using xp for like ever and I create a custom restore dvd using norton. Heres my problem now everyone wants vista which I don't understand why but I can no longer make restore dvds the old way.

I have played around with winpe and I have a windows image file now which is a custom image of one machine. Is there away to take this wim file and create a bootable dvd in order to install it.

If so how and any other information would be great

Thanks

hi all

i think this belows documents may help you

How To Make Vista Bootable DVD with WIM Downloaded Files

If you have purchased Windows Vista online and taken the delivery of the latest operating system via web download from Windows Marketplace, you would ends up with a few downloads with .wim and .exe file extensions. Rather than paying additional shipping and handling charges, you can burn or create a bootable ISO DVD image from downloaded Vista files with the following trick, where the .iso image can subsequently write to a DVD. The DVD created will be the typical 32-bit Windows Vista DVD that available in retail channel, and can be used to clean install.

How to make a bootable Windows Vista ISO DVD media

1. Put all 3 downloaded files (namely install.wim, boot.wim and an executable X13-49120.exe) in the same folder (for this tutorial, let’s assume the files are put on C:\ else you need to modify the path accordingly).

2. Run the X13-49120.exe executable. Windows Vista Setup Preparation will create a new folder “Vista” inside the folder and will populate the folder with all necessary Vista setup files which takes up about 2.52 GB disk space.

3. Exit from the Install Windows screen.

4. Download CDimage 2.52.

5. Extract CDimage from CDimage.zip to the C:\ root directory.

6. Open a command prompt shell, and run the following command:

cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso

Bootable Windows Vista x86 DVD ISO image in UDF format will be created as vistax86.iso in C:\ or any folder you specified above.

7. Burn the newly create ISO with a CD/DVD burning software such as Nero or Alcohol 120%. Try to burn at low speed (i.e. 4X) and turn on verification to ensure that the DVD creation is fine.

Create a Windows Vista ISO image and DVD with Oscdimg

Another possible way to create a bootable Vista ISO and DVD is by using Oscdimg CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility, available via WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) via Business Desktop Deployment 2007 or Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK)

1. Complete step 1 - 3 as above.

2. In the command prompt window, run the following command:

oscdimg -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lVISTA_EN_DVD C:\Vista\ C:\VistaDVD.iso

A VistaDVD.iso UDF DVD image will be created and can be used to boot the computer from DVD to install Vista.

3. Burn the ISO image file by using last step above.

note: reff.from www.mydigitalife.info