Weird error on Vista

WHat language are you using? I will have start with English as the default. Seems a few languages aren't recognized.

I'm using the italian language.

I've gave a look at the code (the error is in the core.js file) and I saw that for some weird reasons WPI can't access the Win32_OperatingSystem class members, probably something that I installed on vista broke that stuff.

Edited by Francesco

• 3 weeks later...

This may or may not help you, but probably will though, by disabling MS's AUC protection. This will stop most nags Vista is plagued with and will allow you to gain full admin rights when you need them so it is a good idea to do this no matter what. I could not install AvantBrowser as my default browser without doing this, and 3rd party anti-virus/firewalls can have issues when this is on. You also won't get nags when installing SFX and other files. Bottom line is MS shouldn't have this turned on by default and really shouldn't even use it as it only confuses people of less experience and prevents some programs from properly running or installing. Way to go Microsquish…

How to get there:

....Control Panel

..............User Accounts

.......................Turn User Account Control on or off

......................................(uncheck the box for)

......................................User User Account Control (AUC) to help protect your computer

This will only help you for test purposes but for using it day to day I'm not sure if there is a switch to handle it on the fly, but I would think there is.

This has nothing to do with UAC. I found out the problem was caused by AIM6 that was breaking WMI. I had to stop WMI delete its repository and restart it again to get everything working again.

OH GREAT (*^&%$&^%#^# Yet another prog that breaks WPI.

Maybe a good idea would be to avoid using WMI and access directly the registry keys instead. WMI as long as I could see was used only to get out the system language settings.