ACORP has disappeared

JayPea

Acorp seems to have disappeared and left it's users high and dry. Search the Forums fails for anything for me, it only finds things on the web so if this subject has been previously posted, my apologies.

I need a copy of the 7km400QPv17.zip and 7km400QPv16.zip BIOSs (to handle a new drive).

The www.driverstock.com site provides support with complete descriptions of the latest updates until the system is directed to the Acorp Mirror site which comes up as Not Found.

None of the downloads work, not just the above, and it has been that way for days. When you use the Acorp address of www.acorp.com.tw you reach a site for Gaia Communications.

Can anyone who has the above files upload them so that I and others can access them?

Alternatively, contact me so I can give you my email for private attachment.

Thanks

JP

Thanks.

It was poor description on my part, should have proofed what I wrote.

1.6 is is installed, I downloaded that from this site some time back.

I knew 1.6 existed so when 1.7 failed I tried that and it also failed for the same reason.

My real hunt is for 1.7.

unfortunately, the sad truth is a reality. ACorp has pretty much withdrawn from the motherboard industry and has removed all mobo downloads for it.

so now looking for BIOS v1.7 for the 7km400QP mobo is pretty much looking for a needle in a haystack.

I read this article from the DigiTimes site that Acorp pulled out of the mobo market due to financial problems:

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050311B2048.html

see if you can use either DriverForum or DriverGuide sites to request 7km400QP BIOS v1.7. perhaps someone out there may have a copy of it. it's a long shot though.

the DriverStock web site wasn't updated since 2005 and Acorp vanished in late 2005

Edited by erpdude8

> the DriverStock web site wasn't updated since 2005 and Acorp vanished in late 2005

I'd never used that until last week, my downloads last August were from the Acorp site. Looks like they pulled the server which had been handling the downloads.

Bummer, but to be expected.

Thanks

Rehbar:

Great find, but the Hungarian site is also kaput for downloads of many things. Clicking on Motherboard under Termekek (Products) comes up with "The requested URL /Products_information/Default/Socket478.htm was not found on this server."

Dead Dude:

The wayback machine is a great service, but the archive does not have everything e.g. the home page can be found but a search for acorp.com.tw/eng/driver/VIA/7KM400QP/7km400QPv17.zip comes up with:

"The page you requested has not been archived. If the page is still available on the Internet, we will begin archiving it during our next crawl."

Thanks for the tips.

JP

• 1 month later...

I have the v1.16 BIOS and v1.17 BIOS available.

I also have the SoftModem Drivers (which were hell to find); the SoftModem does not have full hardware support (It's missing the actual RJ11 board and ribbon cable), but is detected by the OS anyway: to avoid the Bang (!) you need these drivers.

Edited by MultimediaMan