Vista Image (or unattended setup) in ImageUltra Builder?

Has anyone tried using ImageUltra Builder to deploy a Vista WIM image yet? I am experimenting with it, and wanted to see if anyone had any tips or tricks. I figure I should be able to at least install it as a "Hardware Specific Image".

-Mike

Ok, I almost have it working. I created my normal WIM image, and imported it into IUB as a Hardware Specific Image. I also set the image to deploy over the network to speed up the whole process. The computer gets repartitioned, and the WIM image applies to the c: drive. Unfortunately, upon first boot, I get an error that NTLDR can't be found.

I can manually fix it by running "bootsect.exe /nt60 c:", but adding that command (and bootsect.exe) to the HSI OS module does not work. I'm gonna try the /force switch next.

I think I can get it to work, and I'll let you guys know about my results.

-Mike

I got it working. IUB now images a machine, and successfully boots into Vista. Here's how I got it working.

In my Hardware Specific Image source, I added a copy of bootsect.exe, and put this command in my deploy.bat, which runs the actual imagex.exe /apply command. Perviously, I had tried the bootsect.exe command after the imagex command. That didn't work. The bootsect command needed to be before the imagex command. Here is the contents of my deploy.bat file:

bootsect.exe /nt60 c: /force

imagex.exe /apply vista_image.wim 1 c:

And the contents of the source files folder for the OS module:

deploy.bat

imagex.exe

vista_image.wim

wimscript.ini

bootsect.exe

And finally the contents of my Vista basemap:

ImageUltra 3.0 - Windows XP Pro Primary Partition

HSI OS Module for Windows Vista Enterprise

-Mike