Sil 0680 IDE Controller -no drives

I recently upgraded from Win XP to Vista Ultimate. In device manager I can see the SIL 0680 IDE Controller with no error or problems reported in properties. However, when I go to Storage manager I do not see any of the two drives connected to the IDE Controller card???!! :blink::blink:

I have downloaded the latest driver from the Silicon Image support site - flashed the card with the latest BIOs.

No Luck :(

It was working fine under WinXP before the upgrade.

Anyone have similar problem, and has found fix for it?

I recently upgraded from Win XP to Vista Ultimate. In device manager I can see the SIL 0680 IDE Controller with no error or problems reported in properties. However, when I go to Storage manager I do not see any of the two drives connected to the IDE Controller card???!! :blink::blink:

I have downloaded the latest driver from the Silicon Image support site - flashed the card with the latest BIOs.

No Luck :(

It was working fine under WinXP before the upgrade.

Anyone have similar problem, and has found fix for it?

On vista i used a win2k raid driver for sil680, because driver sil680 only driver did not work.

• 8 months later...

I have Pretty much the same problem, I was using vista and my IDE controller (SIL 0680 IDE) worked fine, but vista just wasn't working for me so I bought a copy of XP x64 and installed it. I used the IDE controller cd-rom to install the SIL 0680 driver and it installed but I still cant see my drives , not even in the storage manager, I flashed my bios on my M2N-SLI Deluxe to the newest one and it's still not working. I have four drives two of which are plugged into the controller. I've tried installing different versions of the driver but when i update it says that the currently installed driver is better.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Edited by blazedforever

Hmm it says the driver is the "Silicon Image Sil 0680 ATA/133 RAID Controller" , but this makes me curious becauseits not a SATA controller its an IDE controller. Am I missing something? why would it allow an install of an ATA controller for An IDE Controller?