Select the operation system you want to install

I have read that article Can you set the unattended XML to choose OS? thread but it does not go into enough detail.

I don't know if this is the best thread to be posting a reply in, but I believe that more information on specifying certain versions of Vista needs to be covered a little more indepth.

Then again there could be something I am missing.

Gwido

I have read that article Can you set the unattended XML to choose OS? thread but it does not go into enough detail.

I don't know if this is the best thread to be posting a reply in, but I believe that more information on specifying certain versions of Vista needs to be covered a little more indepth.

Then again there could be something I am missing.

Gwido

On the distribution DVD, all of the Windows version are stored in the sources\install.wim file. If you locate it and run "imagex /info install.wim" you'll see the images listed. 1=Business, 2=HomeBasic, 3=HomePremium, 4=Ultimate, etc. InstallFrom sets the path to the install.wim file as it will appear in the WindowsPE session and the meta data "image/index" is specifying which image in the file to extract to the "InstallTo" location.

If you run the BDD, it takes care of this for you.

Edited by gtj

This information is great guys, :thumbup

I will download the BDD - I have heard about it but have not specifically looked at it. I have been doing things the long winded way by the looks.

BDD may make my life a little less hell by the sounds of it. How applicable is its use to OEM's rather than mass scale business deployment?

:w00t:

Gwido