My new system!

blahface

nmX.Memnoch-

As far as I was aware (from Information I got from the engineers in Intel Ireland, the guys manufacturing the processors) the E6600 has 2MB per core and not 4 MB shared. That the design process was to mirror the die to make the second processor (like the quad extremes are duplicates of the die for Core Duo).

They may be wrong but thats what they told me.

If you plan on playing UT3 and C&C3 you should be looking at something with at least a 7600GT, not a GS. As was mentioned, you want to make sure whatever you look at has GDDR3 instead of GDDR2.

Tho would it run? just not well!? Im trying now to cut a few corners with the price...

also lil confused as on Dabs it says:

"Gainward's award winning High-Performance/ Wide-Bandwidth hardware design powered by NVIDIA's GeForce 7600 GS GPU integrating 256MB high-speed DDR3 memory which offers enhanced, leading-edge performance for the 3D enthusiasts."

I think there are a few people here who will tell you not to get the cheapest PSU you can find. You really need to look for a quality PSU. People always do this..."Oh, I'll just get a cheap one, it'll be OK". Something you really don't want to do is trust all of these expensive, high-quality parts to a cheap power supply. It's the one thing that if it flakes out has the chance of taking everything with it. Look for something from Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake or Ultra. There's probably a few that I missed...but definitely stay away from the cheapie ones.

Thats going to cost more! Ok... Seasonic S12 Series, does that rate well? Could I use a 380w?

Edited by blahface

nmX.Memnoch-

As far as I was aware (from Information I got from the engineers in Intel Ireland, the guys manufacturing the processors) the E6600 has 2MB per core and not 4 MB shared. That the design process was to mirror the die to make the second processor (like the quad extremes are duplicates of the die for Core Duo).

If you look at the white-papers from iNTEL you can see that they have just one L2 cache so they must be wrong or it´s something that has to come out in secret or so (new core design?)... If so that could be interesting but for 99% sure they are wrong.

nmX.Memnoch-

Either they're wrong or you misunderstood them. :)

ALL Core 2 processors have a shared L2 cache. In fact, even the The Core 2 Quad has shared L2 cache. The difference in the Core 2 Quad is that it has two shared L2 caches (one for one set of cores and another for the other set of cores).

The Core Duo, on the other hand, does not have a shared L2. This was only intended for mobile applications though.

I think there are a few people here who will tell you not to get the cheapest PSU you can find. You really need to look for a quality PSU. People always do this..."Oh, I'll just get a cheap one, it'll be OK". Something you really don't want to do is trust all of these expensive, high-quality parts to a cheap power supply. It's the one thing that if it flakes out has the chance of taking everything with it. Look for something from Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake or Ultra. There's probably a few that I missed...but definitely stay away from the cheapie ones.

Thats going to cost more!

Yes, it will. Better to spend a little extra now than to have a cheap power supply fry your hardware don't ya think?