Cannot access My Documents

sweetbacks

Have removed a laptop hard drive + connected to a desktop via a USB cradle. There was an issue with this laptop where it would continually loop on start up. I was due for an upgrade anyway so timing seemed right...

Now I can see the drive on the desktop in "My Computer". There were 2 user profiles on the laptop. I can get into 1 of them (within documents + settings) aswell as "all users" etc, however I cannot access the one I actually used! This particular profile was password protected + I'm thinking this maybe relevant. In explorer it says the folder is empty + if I try to access it it says "Access is Denied".

Have tried to view ofline files but it only brings up files within the desktop.

Have some pretty important work docs + pics on there that I have not backed up so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

There's a way to access it that my or may not work:

Start up the windows backup utility->click the advanced button on the welcome screen->click the backup tab and navigate to the laptop HDD. Back up the files from there->click the restore tab->select the backup file-> In the "Restore files to:" drop down list, select "Single Folder" Select the alternate location->Click Start Restore->In the dialog box, click the advanced button->uncheck the restore security selection and click ok twice.

This will only work when logged in as an admin. If you can't see the files from the backup utility than I don't know what else you can do. Hope this helps.