Video Card

Nerwin

Ok, I am looking for a decent Video card that will work with this motherboard > http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboa...e=GA-8I915ME-GL

I will be upgrading the motherboard to a better one! This card will just have to work for Temp.

I know that MOBO only support 4X in that PCIe 16x slot, but I would think a full 16X PCIe Video card would be backwards compatible?

What I need:

> Price needs to be under $170

> PCe 16X

> 256MB or More

> SLI compatible

> Duel DVI

> HDTV

> I would like to have Nvidia GPU

> I would perfer to order from Tiger Direct! But if you can find a Video card at Newegg, I Might be able to find it at Tiger, Provantge or another computer warehouse.

Thank you! :D

Edited by computerMan

I have the card I posted above (but it's the extreme version) and compared to the one ripken recommended:

GPU clock: 600 (mine) - 500 (ripken)

RAM clock: 1600 (mine) - 1380 (ripken)

pixel pipelines: 12(mine) - 20 (ripken)

So, it's up to you computerMan.

@ripken

The difference in the number of pipelines annihilates the difference in clock speeds?

PS. I had the 7950 GT Extreme for a very short while, sold it for a (little) profit B) I don't see any difference in gameplay on Rainbow Six:Vegas. I'm using the same settings for both cards.

Clock speeds don´t say so much but indeed render pipelines do. But there is one bigger diference between the 7600 and the 7900 series, 128 vs 256bit MEM-bus.

Take a look at this link.

@ computerMan

For just 30 bucks of diference I would take a 7900 over a 7600 any time.

I have the card I posted above (but it's the extreme version) and compared to the one ripken recommended:

GPU clock: 600 (mine) - 500 (ripken)

RAM clock: 1600 (mine) - 1380 (ripken)

pixel pipelines: 12(mine) - 20 (ripken)

So, it's up to you computerMan.

@ripken

The difference in the number of pipelines annihilates the difference in clock speeds?

PS. I had the 7950 GT Extreme for a very short while, sold it for a (little) profit B) I don't see any difference in gameplay on Rainbow Six:Vegas. I'm using the same settings for both cards.

you seriously think that the 7600 is better than the 7900? please look at reviews and benchmarks before you try to tell me that again.

7600 GT vs 7900 GS

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?ca...5&card2=443

Conclusion based on specs and the "synthetic" benchmarks: 7900 GS > 7600 GT

even in that comparison the 7600 GT has higher core and mem clocks but the 7900 GS still wins.

Another way of looking at it is the 7900 GS is a highway with more lanes but a slightly lower speed limit ;)

Thanks Guys, I really want to go with EVGA, I think I might go with the one that Ripken said, because he help me out on other hardware, and he was a great help and I was pleased with what I got! Thanks guys again!