Internet Working but always "Aquiring network address"

iceangel89

I have disable a few services in nLite and now internet always get stuck at acquiring network address. What have i done wrong? anyone knows? but my internet still works!! did i do anything wrong? or is it just some bug of windows? i noticed under "Network Connection Details", that the lease obtained and expire is the same.

I'm having the same issue and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure which service(s) are needed but there was talk about it on the forum, try searching and please let me know if you find it.

It works with simple Refresh in the Connections window but that gets annoying eventually.

You have disabled DHCP Client service.

Enable it for it to stop acquiring network address, but Internet will still work even if you don't enable it ;).

But in msconfig, i see DHCP Client & DNS Client as "running"! but i sometimes is able to fix the problem by using

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

and/or

"restarting"(untick the service then apply, then tick the service then apply) the DHCP client & DNS Client in msconfig

Hi

i had the same problem and it turned out, i had "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" option checked in the "Authentication" properties of LAN adapter.

Once unchecked it got connected with the right icon.

hope this help if not let me know i ll dig up the link.

Regards.

SC