Some Trouble - Volume control missing and so is ...

Jogy

Hi, just made myself an nLited CD and upon installation faced these problems:

1) The Volume control in ths system tray is missing :( .. I know I can go to the control panel and check it to get it back, but the problem is that when I try to check it I get an error saying that the snd... something file is missing!

2) I am unable to go to the add/remove Window components under the Add/Remove programs menu.

What do you'll experts think that I could have enabled/disabled to get myself in this problem?

Will appreciate any help!

BTW. I've attached my last session if its of any help.

Last_Session.txt

Thanks

So, can no one help me out with this???? :(:wacko:

Just saw that someone else is having a problem with the Add/Remove as well! See here!

As regards the Volume control in taskbar, I extracted the required files from the *.dl files in the XP CD and it works fine now ... so a just wondering why those files were not installed at the time of installation ... after all the files were available on the nLited CD.

Please ... Please help!

Oooppss ... sorry for the delay, but I just got the opportunity to check out the pc with the problem!

The message I get is:

Setup was unable to open the information file makeiso.inf

Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0xe0000100 at line 0

Well, I'm really getting bugged now!

I have NOT removed my "Old CDPlayer and Sound Recorder"

All the required files are available on the nLited CD .... both files required for the Volume control and the makeiso.inf!

Just do not know why it did not get copied to the right places .... and worse is that I now do not know where to copy the makeiso.inf file to! I mean, I presumen its in the inf folder under windows, but on checking, I see that the file already exists!

I'm just wondering what "makeiso.inf has to do with Add/Remove Programs