someone maybe should put together a best of Application Add-Ons

startrekrobs

I feel like their need to be either a pack or list of the best updates, addon apps, freeware stuff , the best virus scanners , adware scanners , extra software, in the best , too many freeware that all do the same thing,

knowing what you need and that just extra , I think a list of the best would help keep the xp cd clean of addons that you really don't want , if you add too many of the current apps, you get a cd full of stuff that you maybe never really need , that just ends up taking extra space on your hard drives, a little more orginized apps and better user section of the best only like system updates, less beta more stable stuff, etc..

beta good but not really needed for say a user that just plays games, and users a system for say school work, you need some stuff like virus scanners and adware scanners etc.. but you don't need a bunch of control panel addons, to you may put too many on to play with their not anuff control over which ones really work and which are going to cause your install cd with errors in installing them, like has anyone ever incounter that 64 bit install error on a 32 bit system , one addon did just that I was being very carefull of what I added too , and I ended up with some 64bit app in the install when I never downloaded a 64bit app to install on it,

also I got some strange addons after install like a mmm file in the loaded programs which I don't really think I wanted some strange named file like that, most of some of these apps don't seem to be a cleanly made as they should be

like why make a nlite cd, when you end up puting more apps on it than the orginal had, which is ok sometimes, but they again the list under start programs gets a little too big, which is before you even install your games onto it, that list one problem with windows xp and vista, is I really don't like how their programs listed ends up being so long and big in which point you have too either move some of it, just so its not pages long, I have never really liked that menu system that windows has for that fact , so whats the point in add and remove control panel when like almost every app you install puts a remove icon link in each apps that install you we really need removes in both the apps links and both control panel , plus when their under the launch menu for the app you know how easy its to click uninstall when you don't really wanted too

** ok back to the first idea of this post , someone please make best of apps and addons section , too filter out the bad and copy cat programs that do the same stuff, I yes I know that its somewhat hard to deside at times which is the best and which is a less-or program..?

I will edit my post for errors later on and maybe shorten some of the stuff I am posting about later too

also a option in the next nlite to remove apps that you added but you don't really want , say to remove something you don't like,or that for some reason you need to remove from your cd image, from nlite , you can remove the default xp apps from the install cd, why not the addons too?

Edited by startrekrobs

note that I am not saying the the current ones arn't good, its just a little bit munch in the options available and it can be a bit hard it fingure out which is best to go with , more human user response or reviews on the software addons could help, like users saying if its good, or if its best not too install it type of info