I have no idea what to do now...

poken1151

K, Here it is shortened.

Vista Partition running out of space, decide to expand partition, in-guilt vista partition software wont EXPAND my Vista patition, search for partition software elsewhere, see some people looking for partition software also but no big worries noted, see some persons claiming the only thing to work is Gnome partitioner LiveCD, I decide to try it, it expands my partition, but now windows cant boot, had a second install of vista somehow, load it but wont....load, try Vista CD, gets to loading bar like the vista install, but doesnt boot.

So, cd wont boot, secondary install wont boot, and primary install CANT boot.

Is there anyhelp for this cuz the install cd itself wont load up past the Windows loading bar, so i cant even format or install another trial just to recover my stuff. Help?

Just realized thats not so much short as it could be confusing, any advice though?

Edited by poken1151

IF YOU SYSTEM (BIOS) NOT PERMIT MORE BOOT, TRY:

1 - RESET YOUR BIOS IN MAINBOARD

2 - USE YOUR FLASH BIOS FOR UPDATE OR RE-INSTALL YOUR BIOS OLDER

IF YOUR PROBLEM BE ONLY WITH HD, TRY USE OTHER FOR TEST

NOTHING.....

CONTACT MICROSOFT OR

process the microsoft for moral and material damages

K, the vista dvd WONT START like i said, it goes to the windows loading bar but freezes after that. I tried changing my Hard Drive, and after the windows loading bar I got the mouse cursor, but thats it. Is there nothing else I can try, I cant get anything AT ALL.

Get Acronis Disk Director Suite.

Either make a rescue disk on another computer, or download BartPE and Disk Director's plugin to do your work.

If Vista boots, then you may encounter a problem where the drive letter is reassigned. In that case, google change system drive letter.

*Edit: Or you could get the Business Deployment Desktop and build a Windows PE.

Edited by wfunction

Get Acronis Disk Director Suite.

Either make a rescue disk on another computer, or download BartPE and Disk Director's plugin to do your work.

If Vista boots, then you may encounter a problem where the drive letter is reassigned. In that case, google change system drive letter.

*Edit: Or you could get the Business Deployment Desktop and build a Windows PE.

Acronis Disk Director Suite usually messed up any vista instalatin I had, thats why I stopped using it (although I love it besides the no vista support), and if possible, maybe you could point me to where I could find out how to do the other options u mention?....

Here are the other options... but I think it is way better to use Acronis Disk Director. If you can, could you please tell me how it messes up your installation, so I may be able to help you?

BartPE: As it says, it boots into a Preinstallation Environment. You will still need some partition editor, and I recommended Acronis. Get some partition editor, google bartpe plugin *ParitionEditor*, and find a plugin for it. Then build a PE CD and boot from it.

BartPE: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#download

Windows PE: Get the Business Deployment Desktop - connect.microsoft.com, then subscribe to the BDD 2007. Go to Downloads, and download the x86 version. It's around 700 MB, so it'll take some time. Install it, and build a PE environment, and then boot from the CD. Then you'll be in a Vista-like environment.

For more details, look at the help files.

Hope this helps.

well, i had just a hour ago a problem like yours, Gnome partitioning to expand Vista partition, and then.... vista wont boot... Vista DVD too sloooowww tooo boot but when it did it just crash... second time... i did it.. but i went to repair and... nothing.. windows didnt find any problem so it just left the system the way it was..

so i remember!!

Advanced boot option with F8 when windows was booting... select the option : Last known configuration (advanced) and!! TADA!! It booted!! Loool

now im writting whitin vista it self!! :P

Hope I Helpd

*sigh* Well, like I said, NO other OS will load...at all...no other hd with any other os will load, the only things that load are the vista install cd (when sata channel is turned off which is useless cuz all my drives are SATA), xp and linux distros, but xp cant install for some reason and linux wont detect MY SATA drives.

I know how to fix that problem if you can boot into some form of Windows.

Whenever you resize the Vista drive, for some reason, the osdevice and device in the BCD get set to unknown, and the drive letter of Vista may change.

Therefore, if you can somehow run BCDEdit, I can help you. For that, you can get BartPE without any plugins if you have already done the partitioning and just need to get it to boot.

Does your Vista DVD boot at all? I don't care if Repair won't work - does the DVD boot to the GUI at all? In that case, when the graphics comes up, press Shift-F10. That's the command prompt. Then you can use BCDEdit.

*Edit: I just noticed that thing about SATA. Then get BartPE, and make a CD. Then I'll tell you what to do.

Edited by wfunction

Hey man, I thank you for the help, I was on that road, but I fixed it lol.

I (somehow) installed XP, got this program, vista boot pro, and it said that none of the boot files? pointed to a drive and I couldnt edit them. So I created a new vista boot and pointed it to the old vista drive..didnt work so well still wouldnt boot, but now the problem was simplified. I ran the installatin disk and ran the repair, and loe and behold It fixed the problem, vista loaded up running the chkdsk utility and then here I am typing this back into vista. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!. I wont soon forget this, lol.