Windows Media Player 10--System Restore Error

When it rains, it pours.

A little while ago I posted a thread about an error I received during a (would-be) unattended install wherein Windows reported that it could not find a file called "nhelper."

Shortly after that error I received another error wherein Windows Media Player 10 complains about System Restore being turned off. (See attached screenshot)

I'd like to be able to install without System Restore on, as I've never had to use it, but I'm not sure how to get rid of this error message.

I do have a number of patches in my CMDLINES.TXT file (run from a batch file SETUP.BAT that is called from CMDLINES.TXT), one of which I suspect to be causing the problem. Unfortunately, as there are quite a many of them, it would take a while to narrow down the search. And so, I turn to the masterminds of MSFN.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you go about fixing it or getting around it?

Thanks for the help.

post-118339-1171040009_thumb.jpg

I can't do so much about Ur problem, but I can suggest u the simplest way to integrate WMP10 in XP Source

just extract MP10.exe using WinRAR or WinZip utility and make cab (cabinet files) using makecab command-line utility.

makecab <filename.ext>

and after make cab files copy these into XP Source under I386 folder......

Edited by neo

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem, if someone has the solution... :whistle:

thank in advance ++

edit: it was a hotfix problem, now its ok. ++

Edited by nuja

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

im having this problem too, i know that adding the /disallowsystemrestore switch will solve it... but since WMP10 hotfix is already integrated, how does one make it un-integrated for want of a better word :thumbup

cheers, jon

• 1 month later...