Magic with CDimage

hyunkeru

I'm trying to make a Multi-Boot DVD for all the different version of windows we have in the company. I'm using Magic ISO, since this is the easiest method I found so far. I can't make it works for some reason with the tech-hints or msfn method. Anyway. I'm trying to create a DVD-9, hofully it will fit in a DVD-5 for 36 different installations. I can manage to create a DVD-5 with magiciso with 4 different installations. The problem MagicISO doesn't use any kind of compression, it takes about 1G for each installation. I'm wondering is CDImage works with MagicISO, so I can slim down the size a lot. Anyone can give me some hints. Thank a lot. :thumbup

Windows XP Professional Oem SP0 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Oem SP0 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Oem SP0 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Oem SP1 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Oem SP1 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Oem SP1 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP0 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Retail SP0 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP0 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP1 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Retail SP1 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP1 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP0 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP0 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP0 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP1 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP1 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP1 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP0 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Volume SP0 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP0 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP1 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Volume SP1 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP1 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Normal Installation

Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)

Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

I dont know why you would need all these versions, if it was me i would stick with

Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Normal Installation
Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)
Windows XP Professional Oem SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)
Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Normal Installation
Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)
Windows XP Professional Retail SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)
Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Normal Installation
Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)
Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)
Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Normal Installation
Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Semi-Auto Installation (Required to insert user name and company name)
Windows XP Professional Volume SP2 Fully Unattended Installation (Auto Format)

as there were reasons to update to SP2 (stablitity issues, security issues etc).

Put all the versions into a parent folder (i will call it multiDVD)

Secondly you will need a menu system to select from (the multiboot guide uses cdshell so i will assume this)

put cdimage at the same level as the parent folder e.g.

cdimage.exe
multiDVD
-SP0Normal
-SP1Normal

open a command window and navigate to where the parent folder is

e.g.

d:
cd mulitboot

then type

cdimage.exe -lMultiDVD -t10/13/2006,09:00:00 -b.\multiDVD\boot\loader.bin -x -h -o -oc -m -j1 .\multiDVD .\multiDVD.iso

this will optimise the image and will only add a file once, refrencing it whenever it is required again

Edited by phkninja

neo-no you can do it with every version, it just optimises the files that are the same in all. But I dont see why anyone would need all the versions of SP0, Then all of SP1 then all of SP2. I would just stick with SP2 as it would have the least amount of problems.

The flyakites original multiboot dvd had Xp SP1, Win 2000, Win2003 ERD Commander. None of these are the same (xp and 2003 may have the same files, butthat would be it)

Edited by phkninja

neo- np. As i said in optimisation mode it runs through the file list and if it sees a duplicate then it makes a reference to the first version and reduces the space needed. If it doesn't find a duplicate then it copies everything

I know SP2 is the best. I need the SP0 and SP1 CD handy all the time. I still have some clients running a slow P3 machine. SP2 is just too slow for them. Also some ppl is just too stubborn to upgrade to SP2. :wacko:

Is that possible to create submenu with MagicISO ???