Vista: sudden problems

dcyphure

for no apparant reason the photo screensaver quit working.

error message: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly...it hasnt worked since

firefox suddenly stopped producing any audio, like when watching a video on there or anything but audio works fine for everything else.

pc came out of sleep mode the other night, nothing was running or scheduled...thats very annoying, i prefer the old standbye, my pc wouldnt come out less i pressed power button. any way to make it work like that?

shadow copy doesnt work, nothing is being backed up for it...i have ran backup and restore plus several restore points...i can only assume its broke.

hope i dont have to reformat all the time like i did in xp just to get everyting working perfectly again...geez

how do i export all the event viewer info into something like a text file to post for troublshooting?

this drives me nuts...i cant get shadow copy to work for nothing..its suppose to create shadows for files when i create a restore point right? i have many and none of my files seem to have shadows for themsevles

i used backup and restore but of course it doesnt backup windows files which is where the photo ss file is that i'm trying to restore...i'd hate to reformat just for that stupid idiotic screensaver, plus i dont like not having shadow copies cuz thats a feature i wanted when i got vista ultimate

system protection is on, there must be something