Is it possible...

Torrenteer

I have this problem, can vLite do what I need?

When I install Vista, the installation always crashes when it checks my computers performance. I'm sure this is related to my GeForce 6600GT as upon a reboot Vista updates the drivers and all is fine. If I swap out the 6600GT for a 4400Ti then the problem doesn't happen but it's a pain in the arse.

Is it possible to build a custom image of Vista so it doesn't check my computers performance when it's being installed?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

You have 2 choices in vLite:

- integrate newest nvidia drivers (search for modded INF file if you card isnt' supported from the box)

- remove WinSAT component (but then you won't have that performance index, which isn't that important IMHO)

Thanks for your reply.

My card is indeed supported out of the box but I can only assume that it has been overclocked by the manufacturers. I've tried to find the "NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)" but I can't find it. This driver, once installed, allows me to run the performance index without crashing. Where do you suggest I grab the updated driver from?

If, after installing Vista and updating the Nvidia WDDM drivers via Windows update (the ones that allow me to run the Performance Index without crashing my PC), would it work if I used the *.inf file for the new drivers to use when compilling a new Vista disc?

You would have to pickup all the files accompanying that INF file.

Maybe I missed it but why don't you integrate the nVidia official newest driver, it should work better than the WDDM.

Now that I think of it... it would still be nice to have a tweak to disable the initial performance measuring WITHOUT taking out WinSAT (so you could have WinSAT measuring performance at a later time you'd choose). What are the chances to see this in future vLite releases? Good? Slim? None? :P

Very good, but I don't consider it a priority (also it's not clearly visible with a big sign Turn Off) so if you find the tweak let me know and it's done.

Without Unattended that is.