Nero 7 Lite v7.7.5.1 Update

Acheron

ok, im not too sure which part is the cause, but this is what i managed to get it to work

its related to serial/eula

this time i didn't enter a serial number or use the /serial argument... it runs, i had to press the accept eula and enter serial... then it runs.

if i dont wanna reinstall, i just need to delete the serial in the registry.

blah blah blah bunch of nonsense.....

R: can you add an option to add nero burning rom to quicklaunch icon? Now it's possible to select Express only :(

Thanks a lot :D

Acheron you didn't make me know what you think about my question / request :)

It's rubbish.

1. The sounds are ANNOYING.

2. Add your own icons if you really want extra clutter crapping all over the quicklaunch bar.

blah blah blah bunch of nonsense.....

R: can you add an option to add nero burning rom to quicklaunch icon? Now it's possible to select Express only :(

Thanks a lot :D

Acheron you didn't make me know what you think about my question / request :)

It's rubbish.

1. The sounds are ANNOYING.

2. Add your own icons if you really want extra clutter crapping all over the quicklaunch bar.

You misunderstood my post

1. I'm not talking about if you we like or not sounds... I'm talking about it's not correct to keep sounds option in the installer disabled if I choose "Complete installation" because the word "complete" means, by default, that all options are enabled :)

Maybe the best way is to rename it to "Complete without sounds" and add new installation profile named "Complete installation" really complete with ALL options enabled

2. It's already possible to add nero express icon in the tray bar... I just requesting to add the ability to choose between express and burning rom icons so it will always be one icon, no extra clutter :)

This is because expert users find burning rom more complete and user-friendly than express and prefer to have it in the traybar

The only time you will get a 5305 error is when your demo is expired. Remember you have to buy a Nero 7 license for Nero Burning Rom to work more than 30 days.

I can confirm biatche's theory. I was getting same 5305 error on new XP installation (so nero cannot be expired because I never installed it before) so I deleted the "Serial7" key in the registry (full path is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info") then I launched Nero again and no more fatal errors.

I saw a popup asking for serial and registration name, inserted all the needed information (I used my same purchased premium key I inserted during installation) and all works fine now.

I also tried rebooting the pc, no more issues :)

Please can you investigate on that? Thanks a lot ;)

Let me know if you need I perform some tests to help you.

P.S.

My 2cents: I noticed, after inserting serial in the popup window, that nero told me I'm using a serial that supports more features than the ones are installed... and asked me for upgrade (with a green button) or ignore it... maybe is this the problem?

Edited by provolino

i had the same problem with provo

it was my first install of Nero on this OS and I entered a key during installation

then got a 5305 error when trying to start Nero

followed provo's method and it works fine now

Edited by philipshu

REG ADD %KEY%\271 /VE /D "(default) Nero Lite v7.7.5.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\271 /V 1 /D "%a%\271_nero\Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /TASKS="desktopicon" /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_core\nero_express,nero_core\nero_express\express_help,nero_core\nero_audioplugins,nero_toolkit\nero_cdspeed,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool" /USER="oem" " /f

in any case.... anyone see what im doing wrong here?

it says "Too many command line arguments" or something like that.... i really can't figure out what i've done wrong here.

and ya, my guess its related to that popup message... so hmmm.... what actually happens when you press yes, does it write something to the registry? can anyone find out?

maybe a .ini file or something.....

OK, nero lite great work done on the program by Acheron, and others i would still prefer to get ALL switches available.

ok i can shrink nero6 with the help of NCAB-211 whitch was written by vcBlackBox, but we really need answers,

K i can repack various programs myselfe but that aint the answere,

nero developvers should be giving everyone the choice without having to unpack the archive just my feellings

urie

Edited by urie