Nero 7 Lite v7.7.5.1 Update

Acheron

Hey Acheron, after reading your comments about the Roman Empire, I tried 5 alternative Free burning applications:

- ImgBurn

- InfraRecorder

- Burn4Free

- CDBurnerXPpro3

- Finalburner

- BurnAtOnce

Finalburner I removed it, its an OK application but you have to install their toolbar.

BurnAtOnce is in my opinion perhaps the most robust cdburning app, even compared to Nero.

But it doesn't have a nice interface, although it's workable, neither does it have many options for audiocds/movies.

But the question was, will I switch from Nero Lite to any of these free burning apps?

The answer is yes!

infraexpressuo8.jpg

InfraRecorder.. it has a clean interface like Nero Express. Also the 'Explorer'-like view is very good. And it has all the options you need..

It misses: no alternative for NeroTools, but hey CD-DVDspeed can be installed seperately. Also there is no Coverdesigner but you can create covers with Word as well.

The installer is only 1.7 MB, thats 22x times smaller then the Nero installer.

The good thing for Unattended Install: it's also downloadable as ZIP. This makes installing it unattendedly extremely easy since it only needs to be extracted.

And still I stick with Nero Lite for a little while.. I think.. just because I am used to it. But I have Infra Express in my Start menu and I am sure I will use it more and more! Just a useful recommendation for others. In case they don't like parts in Nero Lite, there ARE alternatives.

Edited by ZileXa

Hey Acheron, after reading your comments about the Roman Empire, I tried 5 alternative Free burning applications:

- ImgBurn

- InfraRecorder

- Burn4Free

- CDBurnerXPpro3

- Finalburner

- BurnAtOnce

Finalburner I removed it, its an OK application but you have to install their toolbar.

BurnAtOnce is in my opinion perhaps the most robust cdburning app, even compared to Nero.

But it doesn't have a nice interface, although it's workable, neither does it have many options for audiocds/movies.

But the question was, will I switch from Nero Lite to any of these free burning apps?

The answer is yes!

infraexpressuo8.jpg

InfraRecorder.. it has a clean interface like Nero Express. Also the 'Explorer'-like view is very good. And it has all the options you need..

It misses: no alternative for NeroTools, but hey CD-DVDspeed can be installed seperately. Also there is no Coverdesigner but you can create covers with Word as well.

The installer is only 1.7 MB, thats 22x times smaller then the Nero installer.

The good thing for Unattended Install: it's also downloadable as ZIP. This makes installing it unattendedly extremely easy since it only needs to be extracted.

And still I stick with Nero Lite for a little while.. I think.. just because I am used to it. But I have Infra Express in my Start menu and I am sure I will use it more and more! Just a useful recommendation for others. In case they don't like parts in Nero Lite, there ARE alternatives.

Exactly. I think I'll switch to Infra Recorder too when it becomes stable. I'll keep on working on Nero 7 Lite until Nero 8 comes out nevertheless.

Acheron,

Great stuff, man!! :thumbup :thumbup

I had a customer with Vista... 7751 worked beautifully!! Both Micro English AND Micro Southern Europe!!

As for the alternative burning apps you mentioned:

Plz don't stop making Nero Lite!

I tried alot of those. They WEREN'T great. I mean, they're alright, but this thing you got goin' on is MUCH better than any of those. Sure, Nero has become super-bloatware, but one thing that CANNOT be denied is this: It has the best burning engine on the market. Less "shiny beer-coasters". And the SlimFast diet you put it on means it doesn't suck up HD space, either! In fact, I tried the Demo 7.5 full version from Ahead's website. Yours is FASTER, too!

CDBurnerXPpro is okay. But (not sure, haven't used it in yrs) I believe your Nero Micro is smaller. And faster.

InfraRecorder isn't much more than XP's built-in IMAPI. Light? Yes. As robust, powerful, or fast as Nero? NO WAY.

Of all the one's ZileXa mentioned, I'd have to say ImgBurner is the one I like the most. And I use it often. There are some things it does really well that Nero cannot. However, it is in no way a REPLACEMENT for Nero, more of a companion. Plus, it has a bit of a learning curve. Nowhere near as easy to use as Nero Express.

Curious about Nero8. Hadn't heard anything about it.

If you decide to drop it, I'll figure something out. But I hope you keep with it. It's AWESOME. I stopped using DeepBurner in favor of this!

PS:

Why did the original thread get CLOSED?

Hey was wondering if you can fix the link for English (33.9 MB) of Nero Lite as i see its bine removed and forgot to be re'add it enyways thanks keep up the good work i love the Lite build of Nero i cant stand the one off Nero.com its to big and thay keep addin stuff that dont need to be there so keep up the good work

Thanks Acheron for this great pack :)

I'm waiting for infrarecorder 1.0 to remove nero definitely from my pc ;)

just a suggestion for the lite pack:

- Please add Nero StartSmart (it's very useful especially for non-expert users, very easy interface for common tasks and it's small in size too)

- You could remove WavEditor and CoverDesigner (I never use it because there are several better and free programs for these kind of tasks around the web, so you can make the pack smaller too)

hope you like them ;)

Thanks Acheron for this great pack :)

I'm waiting for infrarecorder 1.0 to remove nero definitely from my pc ;)

- Please add Nero StartSmart (it's very useful especially for non-expert users, very easy interface for common tasks and it's small in size too)

- You could remove WavEditor and CoverDesigner (I never use it because there are several better and free programs for these kind of tasks around the web, so you can make the pack smaller too)

hope you like them ;)

I have told many times Nero Lite doesn't need StartSmart. You can use Nero Express, which is a very easy program to do advanced burning tasks. If you don't need WaveEditor or CoverDesigner you can use Nero Micro. If you still prefer Nero StartSmart go to the official Nero website and download the 190 MB package.

Thanks Acheron for this great pack

I'm waiting for infrarecorder 1.0 to remove nero definitely from my pc

hope you like them

I have told many times Nero Lite doesn't need StartSmart. You can use Nero Express, which is a very easy program to do advanced burning tasks. If you don't need WaveEditor or CoverDesigner you can use Nero Micro. If you still prefer Nero StartSmart go to the official Nero website and download the 190 MB package.

You are right, sorry ;)

I tested Express deeply and its interface is very easy and complete... I agree there are no needs to include startsmart in the package

I also tried coverdesigner and waveeditor (I never used them before) and they're good for basic needs so they are good addiction for the pack ;)

If I can, just one question and one request:

Q: why are sound disabled by default? I suggest to include it in complete installation profile, because the word "complete" should mean all options selected... also size is very small (0.2mb) so no needs to not install it... it also will save text in unattend installs avoid the need to add /components switch for it

R: can you add an option to add nero burning rom to quicklaunch icon? Now it's possible to select Express only :(

Thanks a lot :D

Why the Nero Microv.7.7.5.1 doesn't have Mutissesion Tab??? I was creating a new compilation and I couldn't find the Multissesion Tab. How I do to appear the Multissesion Tab when i was creating a CD-ROM (ISO)?

Note: I try this Nero Micro on WinXP SP2 on VirtualPC 2004 SP1. I tried to write my best English, sorry :(

Why the Nero Microv.7.7.5.1 doesn't have Mutissesion Tab??? I was creating a new compilation and I couldn't find the Multissesion Tab. How I do to appear the Multissesion Tab when i was creating a CD-ROM (ISO)?

Note: I try this Nero Micro on WinXP SP2 on VirtualPC 2004 SP1. I tried to write my best English, sorry :(

Multisession should be supported for burning CD's/DVD's. You cannot create multi-session CD-ROM iso's using the Image Recorder, thats why this tab is disabled. In order to create multi-session cd/dvds you have to use a real CD/DVD-burner.

This has nothing to do with Nero Lite.

Edited by Acheron

Multisession should be supported for burning CD's/DVD's. You cannot create multi-session CD-ROM iso's using the Image Recorder, thats why this tab is disabled. In order to create multi-session cd/dvds you have to use a real CD/DVD-burner.

This has nothing to do with Nero Lite.

Thanks a lot, I going to try in my real O.S and in my real PC. :yes:

Acheron you are right, sorry ;)

I tested Express deeply and its interface is very easy and complete... I agree there are no needs to include startsmart in the package

I also tried coverdesigner and waveeditor (I never used them before) and they're good for basic needs so they are good addiction for the pack ;)

If I can, just one question and one request:

Q: why are sound disabled by default? I suggest to include it in complete installation profile, because the word "complete" should mean all options selected... also size is very small (0.2mb) so no needs to not install it... it also will save text in unattend installs avoid the need to add /components switch for it

R: can you add an option to add nero burning rom to quicklaunch icon? Now it's possible to select Express only :(

Thanks a lot :D

Acheron you didn't make me know what you think about my question / request :)